Chapter 2

For Trevon Faire and Saran Moore, only the worst could be imagined of who could've killed Avalon Pittaluga when they saw the announcement of their death. It came as a shock to the two as they watched the news together, under the sheets of their dirty little secret.

They were the exception of the people in Merryville who made the sign of the cross. How could they praise a God who said that love is strictly between a man and a woman? But they dragged their reluctant souls into the church and listened to the derision of their deviance while stealing furtive glances at one another. 

Now, at the news, Trevon glanced at Saran with wide eyes. "You don't think?" 

"Vianna found out?" Saran asked, painting Trevon's neck with his kisses. "It has to be Vianna. She  almost broke a china plate when she didn't get her way." 

"And remind me again, why did my parents say my relationship with her would be beneficial?" Trevon said after moaning. He rolled his eyes. "I have self-control. She doesn't. She's nice, but I'm nicer." 

"She's aware of her ego, you are not." The words dangled over Trevon's chest like a shooting star. It made every moment deeper and deeper. 

With a laugh, Trevon said, "Am too," and pulled Saran to his lips.