A Kiss Goodnight

Thank you for all of the reviews/votes!

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Enjoy!

A Kiss Goodnight

"This was my escape. When I needed a break from everyone including my friends I would come here. You are the only person outside of my parents, Mr. and Mrs. Matthews and Riley that know about this tree house."

"So what you are saying is I'm special?"

"You're more than that."

Josh felt the tears roll down his cheeks as he stared up at the ceiling. Good and bad memories and images kept flooding his brain and heart for countless hours.

"Maya, it's nothing special. I've slept with a lot of girls. Did you really think you were going to be the last? Or you were the first girl's virginity I've taken? You weren't and you aren't the first girl I got to fall in love with me and you aren't going to be the last girl I get to fall for me."

He wiped away his tears. He didn't have to see her face when he said the words to her to picture the heartbreak that washed across it. He was a coward. He couldn't even give her the respect of looking at her as the lies flew out of his mouth. The lies she kept calling him out on, making him search further inside to hurt her. He rolled over, trying to bury the side of his head into the pillow.

"One thing I am thankful for because of my injury and getting into trouble and getting sent here...is you."

He shook his head, wiping away more of his tears that started to fall down harder as he felt heartbreak even more, knowing he would never love another person like he loves Maya. He sat up at the sound of the bedroom door opening. He swallowed as he stared into his brother's panic eyes.

"Get dressed."

"What? Why?

"We need to get to the hospital."

Josh's eyes went wide. "Why? What happened?" he asked, waiting for his brother to confirm his fears. He watched his brother swallow.

"It's Maya."

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

Josh felt his heart pound against his chest as it felt hard for to breath. He felt like he was in a daze as he followed in behind his older brother into the emergency room.

"It's Maya."

The two words kept replaying in his head as he saw his brother go over to Shawn and Katy who were standing at the front desk. He knew it was best if he kept his distance so he made his way over to the waiting room. Once inside he closed his eyes for a moment, reminding himself to breathe as he felt his world stop at the thought of losing Maya or at the last moments they spent together really end up being the last moments they spent together. He would never forgive himself for the look on her face.

"Uncle Josh!"

He opened his eyes to see a scared panic Riley rushing his way. He wrapped his arms around his crying niece, holding her close.

"I can't lose her too, Josh."

Josh closed his eyes again as the thought killed him all over. "You're not going to lose her. We don't know anything yet."

"You don't understand," Riley cried. "Maya thinks she is the one who has been a horrible friend when it's been me. I've been the one who was a horrible friend," she continued as she held onto her uncle tighter.