18

18

I didn't even go to Ms. Fieldman's class like I usually would. I walked to the office to sign myself out I just told them that I needed to leave early because there was a family emergency. I saw Ms. Fieldman in the office grabbing some papers out of her mailbox.

"What is the emergency?"

Shit.

"Um, it's kind of personal and I would prefer not to say but I really need to go home now."

"I'm sorry but I'm going to need valid reasoning or for one of your parents to call in and confirm." the lady in the office told me.

I understand that she's just doing her job, but I really can't be here for one more minute. I truly hate it here.

"Oh Jade, I heard about what happened is everything okay?" Ms. Fieldman asked me.

I thought she was referring to the small fight in my English class, but then I realized that she was playing along with my little lie to get out of class. I truly love Ms. Fieldman.

"I'm not sure, I was going to sign myself out early but I'm not allowed too."

"Donna, I know Ms. Davis' mother. Jade is a good kid and her family needs her right now, is it okay if she leaves?"

The lady which I learned her name was Donna smiled at me and handed me the clipboard to sign myself out. I thanked her and Ms. Fieldman and started walking toward the front of the school.

"Jade," Ms. Fieldman calls after me.

"Yes?"

"Is everything okay? I've known you for a long time now and I know you're not one to lie about something like that."

"Yeah...well no, but it's not a big problem. I don't want to annoy you with stupid school problems."

"As much as you'd think the teachers hate the drama, it's actually quite entertaining. I know you usually come to my class when somethings wrong, so I'm just letting you know that you can always come to me and talk to me about whatever is on your mind, okay?"

"Thank you, I really appreciate it."

"Of course, now enjoy the rest of your day and tell your mother I said hello."

"Will do, thank you!"

I feel a million times better compared to how I felt less than 20 minutes ago. Positive people bring out the best in you, even if you're stuck in a little rut. I didn't have a car and I walked here so that meant that I had to walk home. Despite the freezing cold, walking home wasn't so bad.

I was able to stop at one of the cafes near my house and pick up a hot chocolate to warm me up for the remainder of my travels. When I got home and looked at myself in the mirror I could see how red my nose was. My arm was a little sore from when Jade hit me, so other than my body being cold and the soreness in my arm, I was okay.

I decided that I would take a shower to help me warm up, but also to relax. It was barely 9 in the morning and I was already feeling drained for the day. As I'm in the shower, I hear this loud pounding on the door downstairs. At first, I thought I was just hearing stuff but then the pounding got louder. I was starting to get really scared and debated whether or not to go down and check.

Scared the I might get murdered in the shower, I quickly got out, wrapped myself in a towel, and rushed to my room. I couldn't see much from the window in my room so I threw on some clothes and quietly walked downstairs to see if I could catch a glimpse of whoever is scaring the shit out of me.