22

22

I was very excited about what I had planned for our next project. Recently, I have been obsessed with men, women, and everyone in between breaking down gender norms and expressing themselves in the way that they want to. It is truly a beautiful thing to see society progress. 

I set up a backdrop in my bedroom. I had to move a few things around so it would fit nicely. I had borrowed it from Ms. Fieldman who was very excited to see what I had planned. It was a backdrop of the sky with clouds and it was very scenic and very fitting for what I had in mind. 

I was also very glad that Harry was so willing to wear makeup.  Most boys would through a hissy fit if I asked them to put on some lipstick and reply with something along the lines of, "I'm not gay, I don't wear makeup!" And then storm off, their fragile masculinity clearly having a hold on him

Here's the thing. Wearing makeup doesn't mean that you are gay. Wearing makeup does not make you any less of a man nor does it make you any less of a woman. Not wearing makeup doesn't make you more of a man or more than a woman. Just let people live their lives the way that they want to and while we are at it, let's stop labeling people and who they are based on our views of what makes a man and what makes a woman. Gender is a social construct.

Regardless of my thoughts and feelings, I was very excited to do Harry's makeup. Around 4 o'clock, Harry came knocking at my door wearing a nice navy blue suit. It fit him well and of course, he looked handsome.

"Well hello there, Harry. Follow me." I greeted him as I led him up the stairs and into my room. "Sit here." I pointed to my bed.

"Are you going to make me look pretty?" Harry asked with a smile on his face.

"You're already pretty." I smiled as I blended some foundation into his skin.

"What's this?" He asked.

"It's foundation. It will make your skin look smooth and seamless. This is highlighter and contour, it will chisel out your features and make your cheekbones shiny."

"Are you implying that my facial features aren't perfect?" He joked.

"No, but I need to lay down these bases and extenuate your features for the photos now stop asking me so many questions." I replied with a huge grin on my face, applying blush to his cheeks when an idea popped into my head.

"What is it?" Harry asked, noticing the inspiration behind my eyes.

"What if I take a picture while doing your makeup?"

"Sounds good to me."

I made him sit on a stool in front of the backdrop and I adjusted my camera settings to make it more zoomed in, making it a closeup of his face. I quickly set the time and grabbed a lip pencil and started to fill in his lips with dark rose color. 

"What do I do?" Harry asked.

"Do whatever you want, have fun," I instructed.

The camera clicked multiple times and although I couldn't see what they looked like, I knew that the photos would come out good. I went behind the camera just to make sure everything was in the frame and I was shocked with how good the photos came out. My favorite photo was the one where Harry is winking at the camera, his mouth wide open with a smile.

"You're too good at this." I complimented his modeling.

Harry was standing behind me, his head resting on my shoulder as we filtered through the photos I had just taken. He placed a small kiss on my neck before whispering, "You are a visionary."