11

11

Walking out of school today, I felt light. Like I felt like I was almost free. I genuinely felt happy. When I was with Alexa and Rain, it felt like there was this heavy weight on my chest, like my soul was cold. I felt like I was stuck in a rainstorm, and my whole body and my clothes were damp and they would never dry.

But after my talk with Harry, it had felt like the sun finally had come out, and dried up my clothes and my body and my soul. I know longer felt cold and alone. It was just me and the sun, and it felt amazing.

"Jade!" I heard someone call my name.

I turned around to see who it was, and saw Harry standing near his car waving to me, telling me to come to him. I walked over, trying to hide the huge smile that was threatening to come out.

"Hey Harry." I greeted him once I got to him.

"Wanna ride?" He wiggled his eyebrows and gave a playful laugh.

"Sure, thanks." I laughed with him.

He opened the passenger door for me, and once I got in, he made his way over to the driver's side. His car was pretty nice, there wasn't any garbage or take out wrappers littering the car. I'm not necessarily surprised that his car is clean, but just taken aback.

"I have to go pick up someone, she doesn't live to far away from you." He hummed, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Okay," I said, trying not to think of what him and this girl might not be doing.

I shouldn't feel jealous, but that's exactly how I felt.

"Who is it?"

"You know Juliet, right?"

"'I know of her." I said plainly.

Everyone knows who Juliet is. She's one of the prettiest girls at school, she has no problem getting any guy that she wants. I know Harry and her could just be friends, but that's not how my brain wants to work.

"Are you guys dating?" I blurt out.

"No, and I don't see how that would be any of your business anyways." he replied, with a tone that I wasn't too fond of.

"Oh, so that was short lived." I muttered, but he still managed to hear me.

"What was short lived?" We were stopped at a red light.

"You being nice to me."

"Listen, I apologize for being rude to you. I tried to make amends and offered you a ride home. I am being nice. You just don't know how to mind your own business." He scoffed, as the light turned green he sped off.

"Hey, I'm sorry for butting into your business, and sure your relationship status definitely doesn't concern me, but you don't have to be rude. I won't ask you any more questions about your love life." I huffed.

He just rolled his eyes and huffed, clearly annoyed with my presence at the moment.

"Just because I'm friends with a girl, it doesn't mean that I like her or that I am automatically dating her. What if I assumed that you hook up with every boy that you hang out with? Bet you wouldn't like it."

"What? Of course, I wouldn't like that, but I never implied anything about you being a player or hooking up with every girl that you talk to. I just asked if you guys were going out! You're just trying to create a problem out of nothing." I said, my anger rising.

We had stopped at a stop sign, so I took this opportunity to get out of the car. I slammed the door shut and walked in the other direction, not wanting to go home yet. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I needed to get out of the small space with Harry as soon as possible.