Chapter 1:

Tadashi woke up to the sound of hammers banging on metal. He sat up to see where he was but then fell back down in pain. His shoulder, hip, and leg. They all felt horrible. Like they were on fire. Then Tadashi realized what had happened. He remembered going into the inferno flames of the building to save professor Callahan. Leaving Hiro on the sidewalk. Hiro! He's probably worried sick about Tadashi. Or think he's dead. He remembered what happened. A beam was about to fall as he dived but as he did the building exploded and he went flying out of the window. Everything was fuzzy after that. He remembered these men in hoods picking him up and carrying him but then he blacked out. Tadashi got out of bed and groaned as he moved his hip and leg.

"Woah, woah, woah. You're not supposed to be out of bed." A male voice said from behind him and he turns.

"Who are you? And where the hell am I?" Tadashi said angrily. He never really cursed, especially in front of Hiro, but in times like this, he was pissed, confused, and a little worried.

"Just calm down. I'm Zach and you're in an abandoned warehouse owned by the crazy psychopathic maniacs who kidnapped you," Zach said his blonde hair and brown eyes flashing in the light. Zach had a skinny frame but some biceps. 

Tadashi took deep breaths, trying to calm himself down, but the pain was starting to make his head fuzzy. Zach noticed that and brought over a cup of water and some pills.  

"This is pain killers, you'll want it from those nasty burns you have," he said softly and held them out. Tadashi eyed him cautiously, but the pain overtook him more than thinking rationally. He grabbed the pills and swallowed them back with the water. 

Zach smiled and dropped the cup in the trash. "Come on I'll show you around. You'll want to know where you are living from now on."

The pain had eased by quite a bit, so Tadashi hesitantly followed him out the door, limping slightly as he walked and his eyes widened. It was true. He was in a warehouse, but not a normal one. Music was being blasted through speakers that surrounded the space, along with the sound of metal against metal. Sparks flew in some places from welders fusing metal together.

"Sorry about the music! But it's the only thing they really allow!" Zach yelled over the music. "Over there is the sleeping and eating quarters. I'll show you where your sleeping later. Right here is where everything is built!" Tadashi looked and saw many tables everywhere with pieces of machinery on them. Starting from large to really small. "There are nineteen of us, you make twenty. They want us to build a robot army for them, and so far we've been procrastinating, building not trivial things. Like microwave toaster ovens."

"Who exactly is them? And what the hell is going on?" Tadashi yelled, to be able to be heard.

"That's the thing. No one knows. We never see their faces when they come down here to check on us," He said and walked forward,  making Tadashi speed up to keep up with him. He walked up to a group of people. "That's Wilderbe," pointing to a girl with red hair and black tips, "then there's Alex, Ty, Noah, and Hammer. That's only a few people, but you can meet them later."

"Hammer?" Tadashi asked, getting anxious around so many people he didn't know.  His head was swimming with all this new information he was getting. He was being held captive, he didn't know who by, and they are holding nineteen other people captive as well. This was a lot to take in for a guy who just woke up 20 minutes ago. 

"Yup. Hammer," Zach said and pointed to a big bulky guy, who looks like he could crush Tadashi in one punch. "Then there's Jo."

"Jo?" Tadashi asked, and looked or another person among the group, besides those Zach had already named.

"Yeah, Jo is practically the leader of all of us. Keeps us in check and could build anything!" He yelled as the sound got louder, from a saw cutting a metal pipe in half.

"Where is he? I'd like to talk to Jo," Tadashi asked and Zach points to a room in the back with no doors. It seemed like it was a large box cut out of the wall to provide a room to work in. They started walking towards there.

"Jo!" Zach yelled and a guy with a big jumpsuit, big gloves, and blacksmith helmet that covers most of his face. "This is Tadashi. He finally woke up."

"Nice to meet you, man. I hear your the leader of this place," Tadashi said and stuck out his hand for him to shake. Jo put his hands on his hips in a feminine way and the curving of the body did seem a little too...curvy. 'Wait a minute?'

Tadashi's eyes widened as Jo took off the helmet and he saw a girl about his age with black hair in a ponytail, a black bandana covering the top of her head, and the most bluest eyes blinking up at him, since he was a full head taller than her, along with a black peircing from the top of her right eyebrow to the bottom of it.

"A guy huh? Call me that again and I'll throw you out myself," she said and glared at him, setting the helmet on the table.

"I-uh, you-Uh," Tadashi stuttered then he sighed. "You looked different with the coveralls."

She just looked at him. No glare, no nothing. Just staring. She moves towards him, then points to a table to the side of the room. "That's where you'll be working, it's the only place left really," She said. Tadashi nodded, still dumbstruck about his mistake.

"Zach show him where he'll be sleeping. He can have the cot next to mine. It's the only one left, since they won't bring in anymore," She said and turned back to slip off the coverall she was wearing that was covered in grease stains. He saw what she was wearing underneath, and he swallows hard. She's wearing a white tank top with, jeans and combat boots.

"Oh, and by the way, " she said and turned to them just as they began walking out. "Welcome to hell."