Chapter 15:

~Tadashi's POV~

It began again. The burning sensation on his back. The screams echoed on the walls back into his ears. The pain was so incredibly unbearable he wished that he would just die and not have to suffer this anymore. He couldn't die. There were people who needed him. People who were looking at him for the answer, but Bram broke the last hope of him getting out of where he was. Chained by his hands, hanging above the ground. Darkness around him and the only light shone on him from a lamp. Then a piercing hot pain touched his back, and Tadashi's screamed again. His throat was raspy and dry from all the times he's screamed, and he hadn't had a drink of water. He already knew who was doing it, the torture. Tadashi begged him to stop. He couldn't take it anymore. The pain was so great, it felt like he would pass out in any moment. His head fell forward and his eyes rolled to the top of his head. Then a needle was inserted into his arms, and he was on high alert. They injected him with adrenaline! And the pain began again...then it flashed to Bram and how he had killed him. Killed him in cold blood. 'Tadashi Hamada is not a killer...I had to do it.  I had to do it,' he thought to himself.

Tadashi woke up with a start, everything sweaty and hot. A pair of arms on his shoulders. He almost hit the person holding him, afraid of it being Bram, but saw a flash long dark hair, and startling blue eyes.

"Tadashi, it's me," Jo said with uncertainty and looked at Tadashi with worried eyes.

Tadashi didn't even try to hold it in, he burst out crying and Jo just held him, telling him to calm down, and brushing his hair. He stayed like that for a good while, until all the tears where cleaned out. 

It has been five months since the incident, Tadashi was healing well but the scars and nightmares still remained. He was covered in a layer of sweat and his shirt clung to his skin.

"Jo, I don't think any of this will go away," Tadashi said with his face nuzzled in the crook of her neck.

"It will, Tadashi. Don't give up hope. I promised that I would be here for you, and I plan on keeping that promise," Jo said and she made both lay down back on the pillows with Tadashi on Jo's chest, listening to her heartbeat, and his ragged breathing. After awhile Tadashi could feel Jo's breathing even out, but Tadashi couldn't fall asleep, he wouldn't fall asleep. Not just to suffer those nightmares again.

In the morning, Tadashi felt Jo wake up, and he closed his eyes quickly, seeing that he was asleep. He felt Jo lightly shake his shoulder, and he pretended that he had just woke up. He didn't want to worry her about the nightmares and all. She's already taking care of him a lot, he didn't want to stress her out.

"Good morning," Jo said smiling and looked up at Tadashi. He smiled back.

"Morning." They both trudged out of bed, and Tadashi headed towards the shower. He cranked up the heat and shed his clothes. As he stepped in, Tadashi winced at the heat contact on his back, but he just turned around and let the water run all over him. Washing all the worries away. But he knew when he stepped out of the shower that all the worries will slam down on to him again. He washed his hair and shaved his face making it smooth. Then he turned the shower off and wrapped a towel around his lower section. He walked to the mirror and looked at himself. His hair was shooting out in every direction, and thin, clear water droplets ran down his body. Tadashi slowly turned around and grimaced at the sight. His back was laced with scars everywhere, from the actual fire and then from the branding that Bram had inflicted. It looked like someone took a weed wacker to his back and let it heal by itself. It was a mess.

Tadashi opened the door and was blasted with a shot of cool air. Goosebumps rose on his chest and arms making him shiver. He walked out of his bathroom and to his room, where he closed the slide to block the view of him changing into his clothes. He grabbed the things he needed and got changed, carefully throwing his shirt over his head, down his chest, and back. It stung slightly and he grimaced. Brushing his hair with his brush, he grabbed his hat and looked at it. The memories he's had with this thing. So many memories for such a little thing. With that, he put it on, and made his way downstairs.