3 | The chase

After three years of captivation, Ivo couldn't stand the thought of prison, she's desperate to rest and settle down, so she did what she never thought she'd ever do.

Breaking in the restaurant's glass window has caused side effects in her vision, but she ignored it and grabs anyone closest to her side. But this unlucky hostage is... Just a kid?

The kid stays still and oddly calm for a young boy as numerous of armored men barges in the restaurant. In light modern materials and smoking guns resting in their firm hold, this has forced Ivo to step back with her collected hostage.

"Step back! Or this child's life will end" Ivo poke the end of the sharp glass to the kid's neck

Between the army, Lin Courlay stepped in with a mirthless expression. She scans the restaurant and finds several of the customers that happen to remain frozen in their seat, she studied them before returning her stern gaze to Ivo

"You?" Lin looked down on her and smirks as she looks back to Ivo's chilly gaze "Useless creature, you can't even slay a soldier, now a child?" She tilted her head in pity before raising a hand, gesturing a command to her armed force "Why don't we turn the situation around?"

Guns are now aiming to each head of the customers, fingers lingering on their triggers waiting for the next wrong move. Lin embraced herself in Ivo's decision, she could tell she's struggling by the constant movement of her eyes, rocking back and forth to Lin and the twenty innocent earthlings scattered within the room.

No one was supposed to die today.

Ivo shuts her eyes in defeat and Lin nods knowingly, it was a relief for her lady that they can finally agree to spare an innocent soul together, she's taken too much life that she wouldn't know whether to feel pity or just straight up tired hearing their teary screams.

A man in bluish-white hair with a bandage wrapped all over his body made a sudden move from the corner of the room, shoving a soldier away from the exit, making each stumble to one another before sprinting away for his life.

This odd behavior caught everyone's attention, even Lin's; What idiot dares to shove an armed force? They didn't quite believe what they were seeing. She gazes back to Ivo but only to find her gone

They speed out to the broken window and into the dark alleys

"Idiots" Lin mumbles as she watches her men struggling to get themselves up, letting the Cryst getaway "some things need to be done alone"

The sun is setting and Lin knew very well how much of a trouble it is to search the Cryst in the night. The Earth's atmosphere is starting to affect them as aliens and they can't afford to stay any longer, they need to get Ivo before dark.

Lin pulls out her sniper, thin and luminescent in dull green. She held her weapon with expertise and in a glance, the scope finds it's way to Ivo's head. Taking a confident breath she pushed the trigger and a slug emitted, cutting a sigh through the air in the speed of light.

Ivo was addled as she let her self run carelessly, it was too late when she felt a sensation of danger coming from behind her. A sharp noise escapes when metal hits metal, to her surprise the little kid that she had taken hostage has saved her life by throwing flat steel behind her at the right timing.

They stopped when they turn to a corner, she looked at him and she couldn't be anymore perplexed. Maybe Earthlings are just naturally skillful? She doesn't wanna judge an alien planet, but to her knowledge, young kids don't just perfectly trike a bullet mid-air.

"What? Why are we stopping?" The kid looks back at her with his beautiful odd eyes, completely innocent in all shades of color.

"Why are you following me in the first place?"