eight//

Later that night

His body is warm and hard resting next to me.

I trace my fingers over his chest watching it fall and raise.

His snoring is soft against the noise of his ceiling fan above us.

I breathe calmly for the first time in months when his door is thrown open.

"Lets go, we are gonna be late for our run."

I cover myself sitting up in bed looking back at Xavier.

Xavier stops and glares at me when Chris rolls over.

"Get out of my room."

Xavier stands there for a moment watching me.

"Xavier! I said out man!" Chris jumps up pushing his brother out of the room as he locks his door. "Fuck, hey, im sorry."

I curl up on his bed looking around for my clothes.

Chris sits down next to me grabbing my chin, "brooke, you don't have to leave."

I reach for my phone seeing the text from harlow. "No, I actually should go."

Chris leans over kissing my shoulder, "You don't have to."

I stop as I look at him.

"You don't have to go."

I relax again when his phone goes off.

Another call.

I bite my lip knowing what it is about.

Chris drops his head grabbing his phone as he takes the call. "Wait, that isn't in their killing area. Are you sure it's them?"

I watch him as I slowly move out of the bed grabbing my pants and shirt.

Chris has his back to me as I walk out of the room stepping over Captain heading for the door.

Xavier clears his throat, keeping his head down. "My brother doesn't deserve this."

I stop at the door, "You wish you just deserved it."

I walk back into our apartment rubbing my side as I see Harlow standing in front of the tv. "What happened?"

Harlow just points at the tv, "Something is off."

"Off how?"

"Off to the point that they burnt his car." Harlow looks back at me. "Has he said anything to you about him?"

I look at the tv seeing the old man's car up in flames, "That is his grandfather's car."

Harlow nods her head, "Yea, HIS grandfather. Brooklyn, what the hell is going on."

I shake my head, "You said that guy at the restaurant today said something about his brother knowing you."

Harlow just nods her head back at me.

"Have you been seeing anyone?"

"No, I have been going to class then coming back home."

I rub my head watching the tv. "Chris going to be dealing with this. Your father is going to be dealing with this. I think it's time, we have to deal with this."

Harlow looks back at the tv. "I already hate this."

"Yea, so do I."

Harlow groans as she walks into her room as I watch the reporter talk about the deaths in the last week.

GraveYard // Chris Evansजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें