five //

John Adams Presidential Suite

Harlow watches as the guards open the doors for her.

He looks up from his coffee folding his paper again, "These people are idiots."

"You are the idiot spending money in a fancy hotel when police activity is what it is right now in this city."

Nathaniel glances up at her.

"Why are you still here?"

"I wanted to stay around and see how my daughter is doing."

"Father, you don't care about me." She snorts back at him.

"Harlow, you are my only child."

"But yet, you looked at her with more love."

His jaw gets tight.

"My point father, you sat back and you feared something with her. What did you do to her?"

"I did nothing."

"Then what is Brooklyn so scared of? I drop a plate in the kitchen and she cries for hours." harlow watches him waiting. "What did you do to her over there?"

"I DID NOTHING!" He slams his hand down breaking the cup. "I did nothing to that girl."

Harlow backs a little from him. "What have you done..."

Nathaniel stands up to match her. "You need to learn your place girl. Learn where you belong!"

"Sir," one of the guards walks into the room, "he is here."

Nathaniel keeps his eyes on her. "I have a meeting with someone today. You should go back to work."

Harlow stands her ground watching her father.

"You need to leave harlow." He snorts back at her as the grandfather of the O'Brien family walks into his hotel suite moving to the side sitting room. "I have a meeting."

Harlow sees the old man as she looks back at her father, "Don't bring our war here."

He stops hearing her.

"Please father, don't bring that bloodbath here." harlow tries to plead with him.

"Learn, your place." He snorts back through clenched teeth.

Harlow finally backs down as she steps back from her father.

Nathaniel walks over to the sitting room shaking the old man's hand.

Harlow watches taking note as she moves out of the hotel room.

RedHawk Bar

I take another shot as I scroll through the articles about the bombings in the small russian towns.

My eyes drop seeing the death toll.

"You need food." Harlow mumbles pushing chicken tenders in front of me.

"I need to not care."

"This isn't our war, remember that." Harlow snorts back at me.

"If this isn't our war, why is your father here and checking on us?" I look up at her. "Three of his men have been following me all day. One of them walked into the dressing with me."

"He never had the greatest soldiers." harlow mumbles back at me.

I lock my phone putting it down, "Harlow, they are killing like our boys at home."

"I know."

"Harlow."

"Brooke, I know." Harlow looks me in the eyes. "I know."