“Sarah, you need to go.” Danny was suddenly behind me, and he tugged on my arm to pull me back behind him.”

“What about him? What if Jake doesn’t make it Danny and he dies?” I snapped back at him.

“He knows the risks. This, is only temporary. It’s just the second part of what has to happen before the full moon. Half hour, he’ll be back to normal.”

“No. He won’t.” I want to remind him about how nothing would be normal again for either of them, but mange to hold that back. “What was he thinking?”

“Doesn’t matter. Can you just do what I’m asking right now?” He begged.

“Danny, look at your best friend. What-” I didn’t get to finish as I was pushed down towards Jake, who had now passed out.

“Touch her, and it will be the last thing you do!” Danny promised behind me.

Looking up, Joe had the dagger in his hand again, and the look in his eyes was deadly. I instantly thought back to that morning with Peta on the horses and the reddish brown coloured wolf that had approached us in a less than friendly manner. There had been something different about that one, and even now in his human form, there was no denying he wasn’t full of the same harmful intentions.  

I didn’t move from beside the lounge, almost tempted to crawl underneath it. Justin was gone and looking towards the door, I could see a wolf laying out there, just outside the reach of the light from the shed. In those couple of minutes I’d been arguing with Danny, Michael was gone too. That scared me more than his brother currently did. What happened to trusting him, and believing that he was going to fix everything?

Then again maybe he was.

My stomach sunk as this could easily be seen as a trap. If I was going to be changed, why not do it at the same time as Jake. They got me out here, only Danny could help me and he was severely outnumbered.

“It has to be done, she’s already in the process of it anyway! Want her to die on the full moon Dan?” He taunted, stepping closer. “Stop going against your pack!”

I stood up, standing behind Danny like that alone could save me from whatever fate they had in mind tonight and tried to think of a way out of this. Instinctively I reached out and held the back of Danny’s shirt, tugging on it slightly so he knew I was there. He stepped back slightly so we were touching and his body vibrated from the primal growl that left him seconds later. I told Ben what to do, could I do it again to get out this?

“Let us go, I don’t want to have to hurt you.” Danny managed to get out; the threat obvious.

“You know I can’t do that. This has to happen now, before he comes back. Move.” Joe snapped back.