Wyatt Oleff pt.2

Wyatt stared at the present that sat on his bare bed, his whole room was packed and ready to go, but he wasn't.

He picked up the present that he dreaded to open for five years, his hands were shaking as he opened the card and read it.

'Dear Oleff,
I'm guessing by the time Christmas has came around I'm not around anymore which means I'm not there for gift exchange so here's this. About a month ago you asked me if I was afraid to die, and I told you to ask again tomorrow, well I am afraid. I'm more than afraid, not because of the pain I might be in or the sadness it brings but because I won't get to do all these crazy things like sky diving or even cliff diving, I just wish I could go back to doing things that I could do before I was diagnosed with Cancer. One thing I did before I got cancer was love you, as more than just friends, when I learned I had it I had to push all the feelings for you away because I couldn't hurt you or me, but Wyatt it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do and I failed.
Because gosh I love you, forever and always.

Xoxo ~ Y/N

Wyatt could barley see through his teared up eyes as he set the card down and lifted the present before ripping it open.

He sat on his bed as he flipped through the photo album, all memories flashed back from the day they met to the day he said goodbye.

"Wyatt! It's time to go!" His mother called from down the hall, "Coming!" He wiped his eyes and shoved the card and book in his back pack before swinging it over his shoulder and meeting his mom at the door.

"Can we stop somewhere first?"

• • •

He picked at the grass around the grave as he sat staring at it.

"Today's a big day" he mumbled, "I'm going to college!" A grin lifted onto his face before quickly leaving.

He sighed loudly, "I'm gonna miss you but I'll be back at Christmas and of course spring break and little breaks in between and then all summer it's me and you, and we can go sky diving and cliff jumping and I'll tell I'll my friends all about you. And I'll move on cause I know that's what you want, but no other girl will compare to you Y/N"

He stood slowly taking it all in.

"I love you and maybe someday I'll be able to let you go. Goodbye Y/N"

He turned from the grave and walked away, saying goodbye one last time.

"You ready to go?" His mom asked as he buckled up.

He looked out the window and smiled, "Yeah. I'm ready."

• • •