Never Alone | Stan Uris

a/n: this was requested by the lovely @_what_ever__ I hope this is to your liking!!
also included a pic of my rat Skittles cuz i love him

WARNINGS: cursing, depression, though it does end with fluff so it's not total angst!!

Summary: the reader has been in a spiraling funk, yet no one has seemed to notice, except for a certain noodle head that is

        Gloom.

       It surrounded my very being, like layers of bubble wrap, followed by a coat of tar, then metal plates surrounding the exterior. There was no escaping it, it was home. A home without a heart.

      Deep bags of violet and blue hung below my eyes, which were read and puffy from lack of sleep and of course the occasional crying that emitted deep from within my gut. I dragged my finger down my face, studying my sickening pale complexion. I was a monster. A monster with bed to crawl under, no closet to manifest in. I was simply trapped in a world that didn't seem fit, a world that didn't quite feel as though it were mine.

      I sighed, leaning over the sink as I clamped my eyes shut. This had become a grizzly routine. Wake up, stare at myself in the mirror until I simple couldn't any more, and go to the quarry to calm myself by the water. If only it worked for more than a few hours, one could only hope the gentle flow over corse rocks could soothe the dull ache in my brain.

      Somewhat satisfied by my lack of care, I shut the light off in the bathroom and exited, careful not to slam the door too hard and gain the attention of my parents. Oh, had I not mentioned?

       It was 1:30am.

       I began my slow pace towards my destination, kicking the occasional rock to watch it tumble across a patch of grass. Nearly everyone was asleep, except for those who work night shifts, so I wasn't exactly worried to see anyone I knew. If anyone were to be awake right about now, it'd probably be Richie, who'd most likely be reading porno mags under the safety of his covers.

      I couldn't help but grimace at the thought as I approached the calming waters beneath the cliff. Richie should be the last thought to cross my brain as I try to muster up something other than sadness. I'd probably leave here mad or utterly disgusted. No offense Rich.

      Swinging my legs over the cliff, I leaned my arms back to support my weight, gazing down at the wondrous waters beneath me. It was odd how a little scenery could improve my rather bane existence, but I never questioned it, just happy to have something fill the deep void I call a soul, other than Stanley of course.

       Stanley...he...he was something else.

      Around him I felt somewhat better, not quite as peachy as I should, but he dulled the negative thoughts with just a hint of a smile. It was completely and utterly stupid for a boy to have that much effect over me, but again, I refused to question it. I should be thankful for people like Stanley, who gave a valid reason to try.

       "Y/n?" A timid voice rang out among the trees, "What are you doing here?"

       Then approached Stan, clad in an old tee shirt and a pair of sweats. His hair was slightly disheveled, it appeared as though he had just woken up.

       I sighed, glancing up at the sky for a brief moment, "To clear my head, you?" I turned to him once more, finding him to be approaching me delicately. Stan sat criss cross by my side, playing with his fingers softly. He almost looked too innocent, too shy to be the Stanley I know. It was as if his mind occupied a land somewhere far from here, whether it was good or bad was knowledgeable to him.

       "Same thing I suppose..." He drawled on, picking at his nails before sucking in a breath, "Are you...are you alright?" Stan questioned slowly and carefully, lifting his gaze to meet my own. My eyes widened slightly, before the shock wore off and I returned to an empty stare. I simply shrugged my shoulders, lifting my legs up off of the edge to bring them to my chest. Resting my chin atop of my knees, I quirked my head in his direction.

       "Stanley...I could never lie to you," I cut myself off, looking to see if he were paying attention, "I haven't felt like myself...just miserable, in a viscous cycle that seems never ending. I don't know what to do Stanley...I'm afraid I'll-I'll-" I choked back, feeling the tears build up as Stan took in every word I spoke. He placed a kind hand on the small of my back and whispered sweet nothings in my ear.

       "It's alright, darling, I'm here now," he cooed, leaning in to wipe the tears which flowed freely from my eyes, "we'll get through this together I promise. You don't have to be alone, Y/n, never." Stan smiled, glancing between my eyes with so much emotion, I could hardly think straight.

       I never thought of seeking help, or telling anyone of my feelings. Now that I have, it feels as though a whole new world has opened up new possibilities, better ones at that. I'll have to take it one step at a time, but with Stan here, I know I can get better. For him, and most importantly for me.

      I nodded, allowing myself to fall into his embrace as he stroked my hair, "We'll look out for each other Stan, we'll never have to be alone."

       Stan smiled softly, gazing down at me with pure adoration,

       "Never alone."