Open Arms | Stanley Uris

A/N: scrolling through tik tok and i heard this song and said STAN (also song i used is linked above it's not my genre at all but it reminds me of Stan woop) 

WARNINGS: none bro just Stan the man falling in love at first sight ;)

prompt: 'i walked past your house and your door was open, i saw you dancing in your kitchen and now whenever i hear that song i think of you'

"Love with open arms, love the birds who left, to flicker in the skies, love with open eyes, but feel it in your chest, consider all the signs."

Finger tips dancing in the air, cutting through the fog with gentle ease as the rain carried on, hitting the ground and soaking the flowers. Birds perched high underneath the treetops, sheltering one another as raindrops bounced from leaf to leaf. Eyes closed and lashes fluttering, chest warm and light, like a summer breeze in the midst of spring. The signs were there, glowing bashfully in the dim lighting that peaked through the thick gray clouds.

"Cause life will hold you close, and it will help you grow."

The music was faint but clear in his mind, just as it was in hers, yet they couldn't have been farther apart. Her door was ajar, her kitchen in plain sight as she carried on dancing in the small space, a small smile on her face. It looked natural on her, that he could tell.

"Stan are you coming?" A voice cut through the daydream, and suddenly it was warm, bright and dry. Yet that same song was playing softly in the background, faint but crisp in the forefront of his mind, just as it was that night.

"Yeah Mike, just give me a second." Stan replied, watching as a few of his friends drifted off and out the door of the convenience store. Then he began to drift, back over to the counter he and his friends had just left.

The cashier straightened his back, flattening his palms against the counter, "Forget something son?"

"What the name of the song that's playing?"

Open Arms, for a week Stan had played that song over and over again, grasping for a connection within the lyrics, but receiving none. If he hadn't known better, he would have gone back to that house and back to her. He felt all sanity slip between the cracks of his fingers over a simple song, a simple scene.

"I'm turning into Richie." Stan mumbled into his hands, lowering his head in defeat against the smooth and cold surface of the table. He had retreated to the library in an effort to avoid home and his friends, who had noticed Stan becoming more and more lost in his head(phones).

"Love with open hands, love the fool who smiles, the wisdom of the damned, love with an open heart, let it burn you, consume you, take over who you are."

Pencil drumming in the distance, a voice soft and steady singing the lyrics under the breath of a turning page. Stan never sat up so fast, the force of it nearly knocking the chair he sat in back and onto the floor.

Just two tables down was the dancing girl, smiling down at her notebook with headphones loosely around her neck, the song blaring though the speakers just loud enough for her to hear. She looked natural, she looked happy, she looked absolutely stunning.

"That song," Stan began to speak, surprising both himself and the girl, "is it your favorite?"

"This song?" She smiled and tugged at her headphones, "It is my favorite. It reminds me of someone I've yet to meet."

"This song reminds me of someone I already did, I'm Stan."