Chapter 11: Fly Love

Time flew by, and before the group of birds knew it, the sun was setting. The sky became a beautiful array of pinks and purples, the clouds having a yellow hint to them. The air had a romantic atmosphere to it and made the blossoming trees look even more stunning than usual. Blu and Jewel were sitting at the front of the trolley, their talons resting comfortably over the edge of the vehicle. (Y/N), Pedro, Nico, and Raphael were resting a bit farther back from them on the roof of the trolley. 

   The trolley dinged as it turned a corner. The distinct chatter of humans below filled the air, and (Y/N) looked around in awe at the beauty of the place. Minnesota looked nothing like this during sunset. The thought of her home struck a pain through (Y/N)'s heart. She didn't want to leave, Rio had so many things to offer, and it gave her the freedom that Minnesota never provided. Sure, she liked the library and the warm cookies and such, but it was nothing compared to this beautiful place.

   'Plus, Nico's here.' The voice in the back of her head said, and (Y/N) sighed. Her growing attraction toward the yellow canary hadn't gone unnoticed by her, and the trolley ride had only given her time to debate with herself about the feelings. One part of her couldn't deny that Nico was charming, he had a heart of gold and the voice of an angel, the other and more sensible part of her, however, pointed out that she would have to say goodbye to him very soon, and that she was just setting herself up for heartbreak. Those kinds of thoughts seemed to get quieter with every time she glanced over at the yellow canary though. The warm setting sunlight made his feathers and eyes shine just right, and he had a small smile on his face as he looked at the blossoms. 

   The (color) canary realized she was staring and quickly looked away, ignoring Pedro, who was wiggling his eyebrows at her with a smirk. She had been caught admiring Nico, and she knew he was going to give her trouble for it later. (Y/N) sighed, feelings were confusing and tiring to deal with, especially when it comes to love. She looked over at Raphael after he cleared his throat, and realized he was gesturing for Blu to scoot in closer to Jewel. 

   (Y/N) snickered when Blu said that he had it handled. "Betcha 10 bucks that he screws this up." (Y/N) whispered to Nico, nudging him with her wing.

   "Not with us helping him he won't." Nico chuckled. 

   (Y/N) rolled her eyes. "Oh trust me, he'll find a way, he always does."

    "There he goes, that's my boy!" Raphael excitedly whispered to them as Blu scooted closer to Jewel. Blu was about to put his wing around her when he froze after Jewel looked at him with an amused expression.

   "Told ya." (Y/N) snickered as Blu started rambling about how apparently sweaty he was and how hot out it was today. Nico was holding back laughter.

   "Yup, that's your boy alright," Nico said to Raphael between giggles, and Raphy's face held a deadpanned expression.

   "Okay, so he needs a little help-"

   "A little?" (Y/N) interjected with a snort. "Boy needs more than a little."

   "So, let's give him some, set the mood," Raphael said, wiggling his eyebrows at Nico.

   "Aight look, I'm on it," Pedro said, flying up a bit. "I know how to set the mood~"   

   "Oh boy, this'll be fun to watch." (Y/N) smirked, and Nico chuckled.

   (Y/N) winced as Pedro started rapping, rave music wasn't exactly the most romantic.

   "Woah woah woah woah woah, what kinda mood is that?" Raphael asked, stopping him.

   "Pedro, a little too aggressive. Not hatin on your creativity, but I think I got this one." Nico said, adjusting his cap and flying next to his friend. "Follow my lead."

   (Y/N) smiled a bit as Nico started to whistle a tune, his voice was soothing to listen to. Pedro started to play some strings on top of the trolley as a guitar, and Raphael flew up to make some blossoms fall from the trees. It was beautiful, and (Y/N) couldn't help but admire it all.

   "Wasn' really thinkin, wasn't lookin, wasn't searchin for an answer." Nico sang, looking over at (Y/N) as he sang. The (color) canary was swaying to the beat slightly, and she looked away with a blush and a bashful smile on her face. 

   "In the moonlight, when I saw your face~" Nico sang, gliding over to her. She smiled and giggled a bit as he twirled her around. 

   "Saw you looking at me, saw you peeking out from under moonbeams." Nico pulled her close to his chest and the two slow danced to the song (Oh my god this is so cheesy end my life). "Through the palm trees, swaying in the breeze."

   "I know, I'm feeling so much more than ever before." Nico sang, his brown eyes locked with (Y/N)'s colored ones. Both had a look of love in their eyes, but both were also too scared to put that expression into words. 

   "And so, I'm giving more to you, than I thought I could do~" Nico sang, resting his forehead against hers. The two continued to dance as Pedro played an instrumental. (Y/N)'s wings were wrapped around Nico's neck and his wings were rested on her hips.

   "Nico, I--," (Y/N) started, trying to find the courage to continue. "There's uhm, something I need to tell you."

   Nico looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to continue. (Y/N)'s heart was beating hard and fast, she never felt like this towards anyone, and the rational part of her was making her hesitate. She inhaled deeply though, it was time to come to terms with her feelings, whether or not he felt the same. 

   "I--." She started but was cut off by Pedro nudging them.

   "Sorry to interrupt, but uh..." Pedro said, gesturing to Jewel, who was now giving Blu the Heimlich maneuver. 

   "Yup... that's my boy." Raphael sighed in disappointment, and Nico facepalmed.

   (Y/N) was seething, the one time she had the courage to say something she was cockblocked by her stupid brother. Nico glanced over and noticed her irritated expression, and put a wing on her shoulder. The (color) canary glanced up, and her expression softened. She sighed, scooting a tiny bit away from Nico to put some distance between them. Maybe it was for the best that she didn't say anything.

   Nico had a hurt expression on his face, and he moved his wing off her shoulder. The two didn't look at each other as the trolley came closer to their destination.

(A/N): It's here my children. 

WOW, WE'RE ALREADY AT 12K. 

IM LIKE SHOOK. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. YOU ARE ALL MY CHILDREN AND IM ADOPTING EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL OF YOU BUT SOMETIMES I FORGET AND IM SO SORRY MY BABIES.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, DOES ANYONE KNOW A WAY I CAN WATCH RIO ONLINE FOR FREE? THE VERSION I WAS WATCHING GOT TAKEN OFF YOUTUBE AND NOW I HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW WHAT SCENE IS NEXT. UNTIL I FIND ANOTHER WAY I WON'T BE ABLE TO UPDATE, SO IF ANY OF Y'ALL GOT ANY IDEAS PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE.

ANYWAYS, DON'T FORGET TO SHARE, COMMENT, AND VOTE GIRLS, BOYS, AND ALL IN BETWEEN

                                  -SCREAM