Chapter 9: Party in Rio

Loud music echoed through the place as (Y/N), Blu and Jewel followed closely behind Raphael. (Y/N) looked around in awe, the cheering crowds of birds all-dancing to the upbeat music making her ease up a bit. She had never gotten around to going to any big parties like this, and now this was finally her chance to go have some fun.

She spotted a Roseate Spoonbill dancing his heart out on top of a crate. Red-and-Green Macaws were flying high above the lively crowds, laughing and partying to their heart's content. A pair of birds were dancing together on another crate with large smiles on their faces, and (Y/N) couldn't fight a smile creeping onto her face.

(Y/N) looked over to see Blu with an expression of awe on his face, while Jewel had a look of skepticism as she looked around wearily.

"Welcome to paradise!" Nico said before flying into the crowd.

"Some party huh?" Raphael called to them over the music.

"This is the coolest place I've ever seen!" Blu said. "Despite all the obvious health code violations!"

(Y/N) rolled her eyes at the comment and facepalmed, while Raphael laughed.

"I like you, nothing you say makes any sense!" Raphael laughed.

"Loosen up Blu! It's our first party, have some fun!" (Y/N) said to him.

"I am having fun! I just think it's important to note how hazardous this place-" Blue was cut off by (Y/N) whacking him over the head with her wing. "Hey!"

"Shut up and dance." (Y/N) snorted.

"Alright everyone listen up!" (Y/N) looked up as Nico got everyone's attention. The music stopped and everyone looked up at the yellow canary. "Raphy has some special guests from out of town, and let's show them a little love because I don't think they get out much." He said as he flew over to the "stage". (Y/N) laughed at the remark quietly, and noticed that a spotlight had been flashed onto them.

"Yo yo yo yo yo! Everybody put their wings together, and clap em as loud as you can! Clap em, clap em, I don't care slap em!" Pedro called as he flew over the crowd, and the crowd let out a cheer as the music started up.

"Party in the Ipanema, baby," Nico said and pulled the rim of his bottle cap hat down with a smirk. (Y/N) felt her heart pretty much leap out of her chest.

'Oh no, he's hot.' (Y/N) thought with a hot face. That stupid smirk wasn't helping her fight off her quickly developing crush in any way at all. The sound of drums filled the air, and (Y/N)'s jaw practically hit the floor at the sound of Nico's voice.

"I wanna party, I wanna samba." Nico sang as he danced to the rhythm, landing on the top of an empty bottle and hanging onto the rim with one wing and having the other wing outstretched. "I wanna party, I wanna samba."

A wide smile spread over Blu's face, while (Y/N) was mainly just staring at Nico in complete awe.

"I wanna party and live my life!" Nico said and flew down to stand beside Pedro. He took off his bottle cap hat and rolled it across the edge of his wing and across his shoulders, and held it in his other wing. "I wanna party." He said and outstretched a wing toward (Y/N). (Y/N) took his wing and the two flew up into the air. "And fly~"

The two landed and (Y/N) laughed as Nico used his bottle cap hat as a tambourine while singing again. "Imma fly, fly just like a bird!"

"But you are a bird!" Pedro cut in.

"Oh yeah, you right so let me fly just like a rocket then!" Nico said, twirling (Y/N) around and hopping onto the handle part of a spoon. (Y/N) smiled as Nico did a little spin and Pedro launched the two into the air by jumping on the curved part of the spoon.