21

Yikes, that had to have hurt pretty badly. He said her feelings weren't one-sided then proceeded to say she was nothing to him, how'd that make you guys feel?

Please comment and vote, happy reading! 💛
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jasmine

I rinsed off the rest of the conditioner in my hair and turned the water off, I don't know why I'm hurt so much by what Grayson said. I shouldn't have expected anything different, we went on one date and only slept together. I sighed at my inward thoughts as I stepped out of the shower and dried myself and hair off, putting my robe on and tying it around my waist. I dried my hair and brushed through it, then brushed my teeth and moisturized my face.

I was still pretty buzzed once I unlocked both bathroom doors and walked into my room, tossing my phone onto my bed. I walked to my dresser and grabbed my tiny jewelry box out from the very back and grabbed my secret stash out. I quickly rolled up a joint and put everything but the joint and lighter back where it goes. I grabbed the two and opened the sliding glass door in my bedroom, walking out onto the balcony and sitting down in the chair by the elegant rails. I lit the joint and took a hit, inhaling and blowing out slowly.

  After a couple of minutes of self-wallowing, the sliding door opened and Jordan peeled his head around the corner, shooting me a small smile, "Care if I smoke with you?" I shook my head and pointed to the chair beside me, motioning for him to sit. He obliged and I passed him the joint. He smoked for a bit before handing it back to me, "I didn't peg you as the stoner, your friends, maybe, but not you. You surprise me, Jasmine." I scoffed dryly, "Why's that?"

  "You're quiet, more quiet than them," He admitted and I shrugged, taking another hit and letting the relaxation calm my saddened nerves. "Don't be upset by what my cousin said, he only said that because he realized what Nick was saying was true and doesn't want you to get close to him anymore. He figured by pissing you off he wouldn't have to worry about you liking him."

  I shrugged, "I don't care what Grayson does. Just like he said, we're not in a relationship so it's not my business." Jordan chuckled, "Are you trying to convince me or yourself?"

  I looked over at him and a small smile was tugging at his lips. The buzz from the alcohol and the marijuana took over, I guess because the next thing I know I was kissing him. He pulled back with his eyes widened and I moved back to where I was, "I-"

  "It's fine," he said with a grin and I felt heat form at my neck. He scooted closer to me on his chair and wrapped an arm around me, tears welled in my eyes again and he hugged me, "It's okay to be sad, Jazzy. You have feelings for him and he hurt you, you're not invalidated."

  I sniffled as a few tears rolled down my face, "I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm... a freaking mess. I always catch feelings b-before I should." His fingers brushed through my hair as I cried into his shoulder and he put the joint out, placing it beside us, "Jasmine, look at me."

  I pulled back and looked at him and he wiped my tears away, "Nothing is wrong with you, my cousin is an idiot but he means well. Just remember that if it's meant to be then it will be." He kissed the top of my head and got up, "Let me put you to bed. You're a bit too intoxicated for me to trust you on a balcony by your lonesome." I giggled and got up, walking in front of him into my room.

  He shut the door and locked it, pulling my curtains over them and walking over to me. I spotted CC on my bed and smiled as I climbed in and snuggled up to the fluffy kitty. Jordan draped my comforters back over me and placed a water bottle on my nightstand, "Goodnight, Jazzy."

  "Nighty-night Jordy," I sang softly and I heard him laugh quietly as he walked out of my room.

  ~*~

  My alarm went off and I groaned as I sat up and turned it off, slipping out of bed. I'm so glad I decided to move all of my stuff in after the movie and before the dumb game last night. Since I showered last night, I decided to not do it again until tonight. I walked in the bathroom and brushed my teeth and straightened my hair, putting on a single coat of lipgloss and mascara.

  I changed into a black form-fitting skirt and a white button-up shirt, tucking the shirt into the skirt. I slipped on my heels and put in small earrings; I put on deodorant and a subtle vanilla perfume before grabbing my phone and purse and walking downstairs. Jordan and Kelly were in there, Jordan was making coffee and Kelly was pouring CC some food in her cat bowl. Kelly smiled at me, "I made you some French toast, it's in the microwave."

  "Thanks, Kells," I said with a small smile and she winked, "Have a good day." She left the room and Jordan placed the plate in front of me along with a mug of coffee, "Sugar, creamer?"

  "The hazelnut creamer and one sugar," I said and he nodded, "Gotcha." He put everything in it and I stirred it, taking a sip from the heaven in a cup. "Thank you for last night and... I'm sorry about... you know," I said sheepishly and he chuckled, "Don't mention it, it's okay."

  I nodded and we both ate the plate of French toast before I left for work.