New Friends New Enemies

There was a look of horror on Emma's face when she saw what her first period was. It was Values Education with Mother Superior.

"Seriously? What the actual...?" she grumbled. "Ugh."

God, I don't need another mom in school. She rolled her eyes and sat on the last row. The period seemed to last forever and she already felt exhausted after first subject.

•••••

She heard familiar sound of chattering. She glanced back to check what or who it was about. She saw the Queen Bitch and her pawns then she returned back to eating.

"That's our seat," the brunette snapped, pointing a finger towards the table.

"Sorry, I didn't know."

"Well now that you do, you can leave," the head cheerleader said sharply.

"But I'm not yet done eating," the blonde protested.

Her attitude only aggravated the brunette. "If I say it's ours, it's ours!" the head cheerleader shouted, voice high pitched, catching the attention of all students in the cafeteria. Everyone turned their heads to watch the scene.

Being fed up with her first subject, Emma didn't seem to care about the amused attention from the audience.

"As far as I know, it's school property. So if you may, can I continue with my lunch?"

"I thought I made it clear that I don't want you getting in our way!" the brunette gave her a death glare that could burn anyone's soul.

"Yeah, but technically, I wasn't on your way... I was just... having my lunch." Emma pointed out, pissing off the group even more.

The nerve of that girl! Does she know who she's defying?! Regina thought.

No one ever said no to Regina, she figured there was something about her that was intimidating aside from the fact that her family had a lot of connections and properties in town. Ever since fourth grade she had been at the top of the social ladder. Partly the reason for that was, everyone both admired her and feared her. Only one person throughout Regina's school years had challenged her popularity and that was Ruby Lucas.

Regina Mills always got whatever she wanted and right now she wanted to make Emma Swan's life a living hell.

"Ugh!" The cheerleaders scoffed and walked away. The students or the gossips scurried away as the mean girls made their way to the table next to the crackpots.

After a few minutes, Emma stood up and grabbed her tray. Hushed whispers and hisses followed her.

From afar, a blonde cheerleader crumpled her juice box and threw it on the new girl. The blonde wasn't good at targeting and so she missed. Emma picked up the trash and looked at them before placing the carton in the garbage bin.

"I really hate that girl!" the blonde cheerleader yelled.

As Emma walked out of the cafeteria, someone jumped beside her. "Girl, where the hell did you come from?" A slim girl with long black hair with red streaks asked inquisitively.

"Sorry?" Emma asked totally confused by her question.

"You totally bitched those bitches! I mean whoa! No one ever dares to mess with them! Well... except for me." The girl flashed a big smile with her bright red lipstick that made her white teeth pop out.

"I didn't," the new girl muttered, looking down at her shoes.

"Don't be ridiculous! That was the best scenario I've witnessed! By the way, my name's Ruby and this is Belle," the slim girl said as she wrapped an arm around the shorter girl beside her.

The blonde lifted her head and smiled, "I'm Emma."

Maybe not everyone in this school isn't that bad.