Chapter 24:He spies

Zayn's POV

So we got to Niall's house and decided we were gonna put our heads together, noht literally buh figurativeleh.
"Who in our school lives the closest to Jasmine?" Loueh asked going for the phone book. We were all sat on the floor in Niall's living room.
"Me I think" Niall said popping some Pringles into his mouth.
"Besides you Niall"
"Oh let’s see" he looked over Loueh's shoulder at the phone book.
"That Mandy girl" he spoke up within seconds of lookin at the book. Don't ask meh how he saw it thah fast.
"Yeah it says here that she lives directly opposite Jasmine's house" Loueh said reading the address.
"Weh to goh Harreh, both ya girlfriends live at the same place" I teased.
"None of them is my girlfriend" he mumbled.
"It was a joke bro lighten up" I nudged him.
"What do you think Harold?" Loueh asked turning his attention to Harreh.
"I don't think she's capable of something like that to be honest"
"So you're saying it's not her?" Loueh clarified.
"Don't rule her out, but I think it's highly unlikely"
"Okay Zayn, write Mandy's name down on the list" Loueh instructed and I did whah he said. He was in charge of this whole investigation apparentleh. And I thought Harreh was gonna have a problem with it like I was ready for some sparks to fly at any minute, buh soh far Harreh was fine, quiet buh fine.
"Okay lads anyone else we know of stay on that street or the next?" Tomlinson asked looking at all of us.
"Dunno" Niall shrugged.
"Well based on the phone book, there's no one else" Loueh said offering meh the book to have a look.
"Yeah nothin here bro" I said to Harreh who was just sitting there in silence; God onleh knows whah was goin through his head.
"Wait I have an idea" he said holdin op one finger.
"Well then tell uz" Tomlinson urged.
"What if...we set bait?"
"I don't follow" Tomlinson furrowed his brow.
"We get Harry to goh to Jasmine's house and then see if we can spot anyone watching or taking pictures or someting" Niall explained.
"Exactly" Harreh smiled and offered Niall his fist. The lads punched and it was kinda like an icebreaker. After thah things seemed to goh aloht bettah and everyone wasn't soh much on edge.
"Okay lads, let’s do it!" Loueh said as we all grabbed our coats and headed out the door.

Niall's POV

"Soh where do we goh now?" Zayn asked once we goht to Jasmine's street.
"We hide in the bushes Zayn" Louis teased.
"Oh we not gonna do that?" I looked at Louis.
"No Niall, we would never do that" he shook his head.
"Buh then we're gonna geht spotted" Zayn said sittin forward in his seat. We were in Lou's car so he was drivin and I was riding shot gun, (din't have a shot gun though) which left Zayn in the back seat.
"Zayn we aren't cops and this person isn't a criminal; they wouldn't even think to look" Louis said and I couldn't help, but crack up.
"Okay, we'll park here under this tree. Can you see Jaz's house Niall?" Lou asked pulling over.
"Yeah I can see Harry pulling up there now" I nodded.
"Okay Zayn, you look at the houses on that side. I'll do this side" Lou said handing Zayn a pair of binoculars he pulled out from the glove compartment.
"Soh much for noht bein cops" Zayn smirked.

Louis' POV

Niall was laughing hysterically as usual, but binoculars were a necessity. I'd gotten them from toysRus(I work there on Saturdays) and I intended on returning them once we were done. I looked through them and I could hear Malik snickerin as well.
"Okay, what?"
"Bro these are plastic binoculars" Zayn laughed.
"Hey I got it from ToysRus, what'd you expect"
"Oh Tommo!" Niall completely cracked up again.

Zayn's POV

Soh the whole time I'd been in the backseat of Tomlinson's car I'd been gehtin like some kinda foul smell, buh I didn't wanna seh anehthin. I didn't wanna be rude I mean it was the first time I'd been in his car; ah thought maybeh it jus smells like thah. Buh when we were sittin there outside Jasmine's house it just goht unbearable and I had to seh something.
"Bro ah hate t seh this, buh somethin doesn't smell right"
"Whadaya mean, you think we doing this all wrong?" Tomlinson asked noht really gettin whah I was sehin.
"Noh noht this whole thing, ah jus meant ya car; it doesn't smell too good"
"He's saying your car stinks" Niall cracked up.
"Does it?" Loueh asked poking his head into the back to geht a whoof.
"Yeah it does, sorry mate" he apologized and then went back to the binoculars. Harreh had just been outside Jasmine's house for like a coupla minutes, buh he couldn't stay there much longer cause whoever was home might geht suspicious.
"Got it!" Loueh announced pointing.
"Where?" Niall asked craning his neck to see.
"There! Two doors down from Mandy's. There's a lad in the window and he's just gotten on the phone too"
"Yeah I see him. I'm gonna call Harreh" I spotted the spy, handed the binoculars to Niall so he could have a better look, and then I called Harreh to leht him know our mission was complete.
"Oh you know what? I don't think I took my bag out after training this afternoon" Loueh said over his shoulder. I looked under his seat and sure enough there was a duffle bag I didn't have to touch to know was the cause of the stench.
"Yeah bro it's still here"
"Aw sorry mate" he apologized.
"No worries, noht like we planned on this cause then thah would just be mean"

Harry's POV

Jasmine was in the house. I saw the light come on and then her shadow through the curtain. I wanted so much to just go and talk to her and was even considering it when Zayn called to say it was time to go. I was relieved and disappointed at the same time. Relieved cause I hadn't come all this was for nothing, but disappointed cause as I pulled out of the driveway the front door opened and there stood my Juliet, well in the play anyway. We got back to Niall's house and the lads were chattering away. They said they had a lead and Zayn and Louis were acting like detectives.
"So we know who it is?" I tried to clarify.
"Noh but we are well on our way" Niall explained.
"Yeah, but we're gonna havta wait till tomorrow to find out. I better get home, my mom's been texting me like crazy" Tomlinson said pulling out his phone.
"Yeah it is kinda leht" Zayn agreed.
"Okay lads, free period then?" Tomlinson checked.

"Yeah" Niall agreed and Zayn and I nodded.
"Alright then I best be going" he grabbed his keys.
"Oh Loueh?" Zayn called.
"Yeah?"
"Don't forgeht to return the binoculars" Zayn smirked and Niall cracked up.
"Yeah cheers mate" Louis laughed making his way out the house.

************

I waited for Zayn and I to be alone in the car before I told him.
"Jasmine's back"
"How da ya noh bro?"
"I sore her"
"Where at her house?"
"Yeah she opened the door just as I was driving away"
"Well then maybeh she'll come to school tomorrow"
"I hope so"
"You miss her huh?"
"You have no idea bro"