*REQUEST* Yandere! Zane x Female! Shy! Siren! Reader

Requested by @Ryuuka345. As your second request, again, I thank you for your extreme patience with me. I hope you enjoy.

Summary: Zane has found himself drunk and inexplicably attracted to a woman from across the bar. Y/N, a shy siren, found herself entangled into an uncomfortable situation by her companion, Moze. The soldier, knowing the two patrons a bit more than well, senses there is a tiny spark between them. She however, beer in her hand, says, "Two hot people in a hot place with the hots for each other and a need for hot sex. What could go wrong?"

First Person

I refused the next drink the bartender passed to me. Having one drink was enough for me, I didn't want things to get out of hand that night.

I know how that turned out.

"Come on, Y/N," Moze took my untouched beverage and chugged away at its contents, droplets of the golden liquid seeping from her lips. "Turtles can't hide in their shell forever."

She made fun of my "gift", like she always did, despite the fact she never knew she was doing it. I disliked it whenever she mentioned my ability as one of the "esteemed six sirens existing in the universe" (a big joke to me). Due to my reserved nature, I was granted a more defensive power: I create invisible force fields. I figured it was pretty cool until I met other sirens, like Amara, Ava, and Dr. Patricia Tannis, and they all, unintentionally, put my power to shame.

"Moze, you know this isn't my thing-"

"Well, if fun isn't your thing, I guess you could run off and do whatever you do in that tiny room of yours- I mean, come on, that room can't even hold five people without being crowded! An don't get me started on yur hobbies. You never wantto goo outan doo stuf, lik,srsly? Shurr, redinanmoosic anertisgud,bttt..."

Moze's voice no longer crossed through my mind. I glanced beyond her wild expressions to a man holding conversation with a mutual friend, FL4K, across the bar.
I felt foolish at first glance, telling myself, you're so stupid, you're so stupid, over and over because, like a horrid cliche, I found that man extremely attractive, as well as realizing that the realization of a cliche is a cliche in itself.

The man was tall and lean. His pale skin danced with the orange tones of the lights pendant from the bar's ceiling. His hair stood ashen-gray atop a body of age, weathering, and scars. He was older, yes, but he seemed as lively as a young boy.

From my seat across the establishment, I overheard muffled ramblings and explosions of laughter from the man. I stifled a giggle as he nearly fell from his stool as he was heartily laughing away.

"What are you-?" Moze flicked her helmeted head to and from our spots. She glanced at me, a smug look tugging at her face.

"Moze, don't even dare."

"You checking him out, Y/N?" She whispered to me.

"Moze, no. This-"

"This isn't my thing," she mocked. "Dude. I can totally tell your giving him the look."

"What look? The look of curiosity?"

"You aren't giving anyone else that look. And it's not like you to not listen when someone is talking- well, not like that anyways."

I was still staring at the stranger across the room. Despite my refusal to concede, Moze already knew I found him at least attractive. The man's accent rung through my ears like a cheery little tune, and became a sound I found myself quite find of.

The man looked back at me.

It was too late for me to do anything. Amidst all my dreamlike thoughts I had failed to perceive reality as it was. I was giving him a sort of surprised look, and he returned it.