"You're done." And with that she hung up.

Vanessa smiled at her phone as she hung up and prepared to call this new company. Her boss was a kind woman and full of life. She tried to sound and act mean but she just wasn't that kind of person.

This benefit was to help the children from low income families and the children's  cancer wing at the local hospital. Ms. Williams had grown up with only a mother who worked two jobs just to make ends meet and they didn't have the money for any extras. So she tried to help out the struggling families.

She had also lost her best friend to cancer when she was a young girl and saw how the parents struggled to pay off the debts from all the treatments and then the funeral. She always donated a hefty sum of her own to both causes and held this benefit every year around the same time.

With a sigh Vanessa picked up the phone to call the number she was given.  After three rings a woman answered.

"Blue Sky Arc Company this is Heidi how may I help you today?"  The chipper woman asked.

"Yes Heidi this is Vanessa from Williams Fashion Industries and I am calling on behalf of Ms. Williams. I was wondering if Mr. Colt would have a moment to speak with me about a benefit that is upcoming."

"Hold one moment please and I will see if he is busy."  Came the friendly reply.

Vanessa was put on hold and she absently played with her pen as she waited. A couple of minutes later she heard the line being picked up and a low voice come across the other end.

"This is Colt. What can I help you with today?" Travis said quickly. He was busy going over some blueprints that had been done all wrong by a previous company and was frustrated to no end and this call was the last thing he wanted to deal with. He heard a gasp from the other end of the line and sighed. "Can we get to the point of this call I am very busy at the moment." He huffed out.

"Mr. Colt." Vanessa said her voice shaking as she recognized his voice. "I am calling on behalf of Ms. Williams from Williams Fashion Industries about the upcoming benefit she is holding. She would like to invite you to come and support the cause." She paused to draw in a breath as he cut her off.

"What cause would that be?" He asked curtly and listened as the soft voice filled him in on the details. "Tell Ms. Williams that she has my backing, but I must go I am busy right at this moment."

"Thank you Mr. Colt she will be glad to hear the news. Have a good day and we will get an invitation to you  soon. If you could just give me the address you want it sent to I will get it out to you." She waited as he told her that his secretary would give her all the information she needed and was going to transfer her back to her.

"I am glad I can help. You have a good day Ms. ..." It was then that he realized he hadn't caught her name.

Vanessa fidgeted on her end before she finally replied. "Sweetwater, sir." She had hoped he wouldn't ask her name or that maybe he had forgotten her last name but she soon realized she wasn't that lucky.