105.

The next two days consisted of me being a typical tourist in New York. Santiago gave me a list of places and restaurants I should go to, so I been running down the list. After having dinner at the hotel, I decided to go back to my room.

I had just gotten off the phone with Sophia when there was a knock on my door. That's weird. Grabbing my robe from the bed, I put it on and tied it in the front. Opening the door, my stomach tied into a knot, seeing who it was.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

"I needed to see you..." his voice trailed off.

"I don't have anything to say to you," I cut him off, feeling my blood begin to boil. How did he get my room number?  Not even Sophia knew what room I was staying in.

Sebastian licked his lips, "You've been ignoring my text messages and calls. What did I do?"

I raised a brow, "did you really travel from Spain to here to ask me why I am ignoring you?" I scoffed.

Maybe he hasn't been experiencing the mix feelings I have, so it's why he is confused. It was clear if I kept getting myself intertwined with him—I will never be happy. The roller coaster ride I was on had barely slowed down, then he shows up—accelerating everything up again.

I opened the door fully, motioning him to come inside. It was better for us to 'talk' inside the room, rather than the hallway where guests can hear the commotion. Closing the door behind him, Sebastian turns to look at me, waiting for him to give my reason.

"You fucked me up..." I bit down on my lip, taken back by my honesty. It wasn't how I wanted to start the conversation. "I think you aren't good for me. Coming back from Spain, put me back to where I started from the first time I left. I think you really fucked me up because I don't want to be with anyone else, however, I need to move on. If I continue being around you, shit is never going to get easier for me,"

Sebastian looked away from me, speechless by what I said. I suppose he came here to give me a reason why Libby is still in the palace. Sadly, I don't want anything else from him.

"You don't trust me. I get it." He responded quietly.

"This isn't about trust Sebastian. I am proud as to what you are doing to better yourself, however, you made your choices. You chose Libby, without thinking about the consequences with me. You really made a big mess of me..." my voice got small towards the end.

"....I have to put myself together, without you."

"I know. But I am not ready to let you go," he confessed. "I love you,"

I love you too—but I love myself more. It's bittersweet to hear him say it; all the times he said it rushed in my mind and my heart fluttered. It was never going to get easy parting ways with Sebastian; we have to find a middle ground to be adults about dealing with each other. For the sake of our families, we need to be okay not being together and not let what happened in Spain repeat itself.

"Look, I will always be here for you. When you need someone you can call me and I'll listen. But I don't want to be with you," I watched as hurt washed over his face. I was breaking his heart. "For Esther and Delilah, we need to act like adults. We will see each other at gatherings and we have to be respectful to one another,"

"I want to be with you. I want you to rule Spain with me," he blew over what I said, going through the opposite direction to where this conversation needed to go. "I won't put myself in a good spotlight because truly, I have been a complete fuck up. I can tell you about what I am doing now, I have become better—for myself and you."

"Sebastian-" he cut me off.

"I know what I did wrong and it won't happen again. You want freedom, time for us, and you don't want anyone above us giving us orders. Done! I will do anything in my power to make you happy, but please—"

"Sebastian!" I snapped. "No. I don't want that. You had your chance when you had me. I will not be going back," I said firmly. I walked towards the door and opened it. "It's clear you aren't ready to talk this out like adults. So, leave."

He stood in the middle of the living room, staring at me with glossy eyes. It was hard for me to put him down. I wanted to scream out—yes! I will go back with you and finish off our happily-ever-after! But I am not happy. It's true, there will come a point in our lives when we will see each other and all we will feel is a spark of happiness to see each other. He will find a suitable girl in his life to love and rule Spain with. Accepting the truth of not dating again is a large pill to swallow, yet, he will find a way through it—he always does.

"Don't do this," he pleaded.

"Just go," I sighed.

He took a deep breath and walked right out. I slammed the door and sighed. A few tears had managed to roll down my face, but I quickly wiped them away. I had to put my foot down. It hurts to think about how broken he looked by me kicking him out and I wish it didn't come down to this. I was planning on talking to him once I returned to Los Angeles; he beat me to it though.

I had to admit I thought I would spend my time bawling my eyes out, on the contrary, I felt relieved to have said what I had bottled up in my chest. After everything we went through, this was the best direction for us to walk on—one where we don't end up together.

Before I had gotten in the shower, I called room service and asked for chocolate ice cream to be brought to my room. I was brushing my hair when there was a knock on my door. Assuming it was room service, I opened the door.

"You know what, no. I'm not going to walk away from you like I always do, not this time. "Sebastian said, barging into my room. "You fucking love me and I do too," he snapped, before grabbing my face and kissing me.

♛♛♛
I will simply say BOOM. ❤️
As always don't forget to hit that VOTE button and Follow me to get notifications when I post!