55.

Sebastian Point of View:

I watched her rush down the stairs towards her car and I remained inside the palace with her wedding ring engraving itself into my palm watching her leave. My vision kept getting distorted by tears and I kept getting glimpses of her driving off in slide shows, until her headlights were the only thing I distinguished in the distance.

My brain was screaming for me to pursue her and apologized for what I had said to her. I didn't register anything spilling from my mouth when we were arguing, it wasn't until her face shifted from anger to hate I realized what I had said. I was an idiot. I disrespected her in every way possible, how could I expect her to want to stay with me? After everything I said to Adalyn the most I thought she would do was sleep back to her old room. I didn't think she'd resign as the Queen.

"Are you happy now? You managed to push away the only women who would've given up her own life for you." My father bellowed behind me.

I turned around glaring angrily at him. "Don't even start! If it wasn't of your lies she would still be here!"

"She stayed with you regardless of the situation, it was you who pushed her out. You ruined your own marriage for Libby, don't blame your father and I for saving your ass." My mother snapped back.

I wiped the tears rolling down my face and shook my head. "She'll be back, She doesn't know anything else than this life." I assured them.

Adalyn will come back when she realizes there isn't anything out there without me. Her life has been established to run on a schedule of duties and responsibilities. Regardless of her not needing to work due to her getting paid she won't know what to do with her free time. The freedom she has begged to have all her life won't be as sweet as she imagines and once she finds that out, she'll be back.

She always comes back.

"I'm afraid you are wrong, Sebastian." Officer Ron spoke up. I turned my head to meet his glance. "I have witness enough between you two to know when Princess Adalyn has had enough and this was it. People have limitation Sebastian, something you must've forgotten."

"You're on her side?" I scoffed at him.

Officer Ron never gives his opinion on anything free willingly, you have to directly ask him for it. To have him standing there giving me a piece of his own mind hurt me, he truly believes it's my fault she decided to leave. Does everyone think my head wasn't in the right place? Adalyn was being selfish and all she cared about was how she didn't have a baby and Libby did.

What if I was going to bring Libby and Ian into the palace? He is my son and I will protect him and his mother as much as I need to until she has a stable life. I didn't tell Adalyn about my plans to avoid her over-exaggerated fits.

Officer Ron rolls his eyes. "I have been your officer since you were thirteen and I have been loyal to you all my life. You have never been so full of yourself, you were a bratty teenager but it wasn't a big deal. At this age, I expected you to be more responsible as a King and a husband."

He closes his notebook and shakes his head. "With all due respect, your parents shouldn't have kept Ian a secret. He is your son and sooner or later the truth was going to come to light. You're parents kept Ian a secret to protect everyone in the Royal Family. You knew better than to be messing around with a commoner especially when you were dating someone. You never think about the mess you leave behind because your parents or I are there to pick it up." He began to raise his voice and paused a moment trying to calm himself down.

I was lost for words and all I did was stand there waiting for him to continue talking.

"Adalyn had picked up your mess, trash, and shit. Excuse my language. Yet, she stood by your side when you did her wrong and let me tell you it was a lot. She has been humiliated, torn from her family and friends, and been mocked by your girl toys. Anyone else Sebastian she would've ran and poor girl wished to run as fast as her legs could take, instead every time she ran out those doors she came back to her senses and returned. She didn't do it for herself she did it for you. Everything Adalyn did was for you."

Tears began to form again, blurring my vision. "When Libby came into the picture you went down a rabbit hole and she has tried to pull you out. She tried to get you back your common senses because it seems like you forgot you have other duties to attend to. She took your slack and went to meetings, events, and stayed up with me late at night to finish paper work that you had to do. If people find out you have a estranged son and you have your mistress in your palace, no one will have respect for the Royal Family. Adalyn didn't send Libby and Ian away easily, she had to carve a black hole in her heart to be able to go through with it. She isn't heartless. For the first time, Adalyn thought about herself and you backlashed on her. All she needed was for you to come to your senses and see the mess you are beginning to leave behind, this time she refused to clean it up." He paused for a moment.

"I apologize but I refuse to fix this mess as well. She wasn't going to keep the location a secret and even in her selfish act she thought of you." I watched him pull out a folder from his bag and hand it over to me. "She asked me in the worst case scenario to give you the folder with all the paper work of doctors, home, and numbers you could contact them at."

I sniffled. "She did what?"

"Tonight, you didn't directly say it to her or to everyone but your actions did, you told her she was not enough. She isn't enough to make you stop from keeping her in the dark about things, she isn't enough for you to believe she has it in her to be a Queen, and she isn't enough for you to go out there and stop her from leaving."

"She's enough." I found myself crying out.

"No she isn't enough for you, you don't like anything you can't control and Adalyn wasn't broken enough for you anymore to be able to control. She became a perfect vision of the girl you wished for years and as soon as the fairytale ending became too real for you, you decided to break her again. So no Sebastian, Adalyn won't be back, not this time."

"Everyone get out." I yelled.

My parents and Officer Ron stared at me for a moment. "I said get out! I want everyone out of this palace! Everyone!" I shrieked furiously.

In less than a minute the maids began to leave the palace and Officer Ron followed them. My parents remained in the same spot they had been earlier, they hadn't moved an inch. They were still shell shock by Officer Ron's scolding. He had been assigned to me for the sole purpose to be a parent figure int he absence of my parents. I suppose my parents thought they'd never see the day he tells us off.

"Get out." I whispered, not wanting to continue our fight.

"You're going to fix things Sebastian." My father responded.

"I will, leave."

My mother opened her mouth but I stopped her. "Leave! You did enough damage already. I'll fix this shit, just go!" I raised my voice.

My dad grabbed onto my mom and he took her out the palace. No one was leaving the premisses they were just going back to the other section of the palace. I didn't want anyone in here right now. I wanted to take in the silence for awhile until I figured out what I am going to do.

I sat down on the stair and dropped the folder next to me.

"She'll be back. She has to."

But she didn't.  

____

Leave comments bellow! 

follow me on my instagram for updates and live streams!

I have the link on the external link!:D