55. My Favorite Mistake

I got to the hospital nice and early this morning. Carlos and Mrs. Malone were up so I decided to see if he wanted to try and transfer this morning. And he did it, he transferred into his chair, me and Mrs. Malone hugged. I got the discharge papers ready and took them in. As I was retreating back to the locker room I saw Bailey.

"Dr. Bailey, I'm so glad that I bumped into you. I don't have anything cases today. So I'm completely free for anything and everything." I said while walking beside her.

"What about your patient from the crash?" She asked me as we both stopped walking.

"He's being discharged today. He can successfully transfer into a wheelchair and back home that means that he's ready to go home because he's strong enough." I said to her, she looked at me and smiled.

"I'm proud of, Webber told me about what you did in the O.R. that day. I'm glad that your my intern. You must've made your parents proud." She told me, was she actually praising me for once.

"They were actually, my mum got me a cake." I said making her smile. I walked with her before she split off and I entered the locker room with Iz, who wasn't looking like herself.

"Hey, guys." I said with a smile.

"Oh, hey. Hey, O'Malleys. Carry on, do your stuff, your married stuff. Yay!" Iz said to them making me smile. Iz backed out the room where I was I went to my locker.

"You told her about our fight." Callie said to George not very impressed, Callie had called me about it last night before I got hammered.

"Just when exactly is he coming?" A nauseous looking George asked her.

"Today, lunch, cafeteria. You know what, I think I might change it to Joe's so he might not be able to tell that stinks coming from you." Callie said to him, he did stink if drink.

"No, it's ok. It's ok. Uh, I'm good with parents. Parents love me." George said to her, but they wouldn't love him if he was stinking the way that he was.

"Funny little man. Funny, funny little man. Funny little man who stinks. Just get in the shower, get in the shower, ok?" Callie said making me smile.

"I know it'll be ok. You'll see, he's gonna love me. Oh." George said to her, he really wasn't going to him. It was fairly obvious. When Bailey came we all walked to Jane Doe's room.

"This is a computer approximation of your original facial structure. Based on the 3D CT scans we did, it's what you could look like after reconstructive surgery. Or you could look like this...or this. You don't like them?" Mark said while showing her the model.

"It's not that...how does this work exactly?" She asked Alex.

"He'll make an incision along your hairline and then..." Alex said trailing off.

"It's ok, I can take it." She said to him reassuringly.

"He'll literally pull your face off." Alex told her, he didn't have to phrase it like that.

"It sounds a lot worse than it is. Your face is extremely elastic and pulling it down will allow me to correct the bone fractures underneath without any scarring. And once you've healed, no one will ever know you had the surgery. I'm that good." Mark said. We all knew he was good at it.

"He is! It's annoying." Addison told her with a smile.

"The surgery won't affect my baby?" Jane asked Addison concernedly.

"I'll be monitoring the baby throughout, ok?" Addison told her making her feel a bit more happier.

"Ok. So...then I just have to pick one. Do I have to pick one now?" Se asked Mark.