Book 1 - Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

"while I am still committed to bringing that lunatic to justice I will not put innocent lives at stake just so you and your friends can play a game,"

"Okay pro bending might only be a game to you I think of what it means to the city right now the arena is the one place were benders and non-benders gather together in in peace to watch benders..." He try's to persuade them into letting the finales take place.

"Beat each other up! in peace to it's an inspiration to everyone!" Bolin finishes, Liana grips her arm trying to not say anything.

"I appreciate your naive idealism but you ignoring the reality of the situation," His blunt tone starts to piss Korra off.

"the reality is if you close the arena you let him on win

"yes exactly what she said yes!"

"Guys I'm sorry but I agree with the council on this one," She finally speaks up Her three friends look at her in shock.

"What? why?," the avatar asks

"I just don't have a good feeling, I-I just don't think it's safe as of right now," She tries not to blurt out what she saw in front of the council it wasn't anything of their business and she sure as hell didn't want Tarrlok to know.

"But it's just a feeling, it doesn't mean the council is right," Korra crosses her arms and faces the council

"I'm sorry but our decision has been made, this meeting is abjured," He says going to hit the gavel but is stopped but a metal wire breaking the wood Tarrlok Gasps, they all look to the door to see Chief Beifong metalbending the wire back into her sleeve

"I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with the avatar," Both the avatar and Tarrlok are quite surprised with this "I expect you this kind of cut and run response from Tenzin but the rest of you come on show a little more backbone it's time that the benders of this city displayed some strength and unity against these equalists," She says to the council Tenzin disagree's

"we must prevent the conflict between benders and non-benders from escalating into all war, the council is not changing its position," What Tenzin brought up peeked Tarrlok's interest

"now just a moment Tenzin let us hear what our esteemed chief of police has in mind," He says Tenzin crosses arms.

"if you keep the arena open my metalbenders and I will provide extra security during the championship match there is no better for us to deal with the Chi-blocker our armour is impervious to their attacks," She suggests

"are you saying that you will personally take responsibility for the safety of the spectators in the arena," Tarrlok smirks deviously

"I guarantee it,"

"it is hard to argue with Chief Beifong's Track Record if she is confident her elite officers can protect the arena than she has my support I am changing my vote who else is with me," He raises his hand the other council members raise their hands too, Tenzin is the only one to disagree.

"the arena stays open good luck in the finals," the three team members celebrated and Korra thanked the council and Chief Beifong "and good luck to you Chief Beifong," He says, Tenzin and Liana were the only ones who were against the idea and for different reason. Tenzin wanted to keep the piece between bender and non-benders, Liana couldn't really careless to be honest but she knew what was coming she didn't want to see her friends get hurt.
____________________

The arena had been covered in police everywhere, as the four of them sat on the balcony Bolin was taking to someone.

"Now I know there's a big crowd but don't be nervous You've gonna do great I believe in you," His pep-talk was to Pabu, the little fire ferret wore the fire ferrets uniform with the future industry logo on it. Before they went off Liana faces them all a quick hug.
"I'm sorry I said that I wanted the arena to be close I didn't really mean it, hope you can forgive me," she said Mako put his hand on her shoulder,

"Of course we forgive you, you're our food girl/coach," the four of them laugh they went out onto the bridge

"Good luck beat them into the ground, and if they do anything cheating like I'll personally give Tahno a face full of rocks!" The announcer came out of the floor.

"Introducing the challengers! The future industries Fire Ferrets!" The crowd goes wild cheering there favourite team, they bridge extends and three players wave to the crowd. Mako looks at where Asami and her father sit, she blows a kiss and winks, he does it back Korra sees this and is disgusted at it. They get onto the ring and Bolin whispers to Pabu. He bounces off of Bolin's shoulder and begins to walk on his two front paws, doing flips and kart wheels. Bolin gets one of the disks a takes out the hole in the middle Pabu jumping through it twice on the second jump he finishes with a one paw hand stand.

"And their opponents! The Three time defending champions! The white falls Wolf bats!" The three teammates wore wolf-bat costumes and howled Fireworks going off I the whole stadium. They take off their masks then their clocks.

"Why does Tahno look like the ugliest version of Dracula I've ever seen," Liana said to herself.

"I'ma knock Tahno stupid hair off his stupid head," Korra punched her head. The round starts off with Tahno trying to punch Korra with water which is illegal, he then sends more water pushing the avatar back into zone 2, Mako gets hit by the earth disks and also gets sent back to zone 2, the firebender does some fancy moves but Bolin disk gets ricocheted off the ropes and hit him, Tahno went after Bolin using a stream of continuous water, it should have been called for a hosing foul but the ref wasn't paying attention to there blatant cheating. The Wolf bats get to move forward the earthbender bends the earth disk Mako was standing on to trip him, than kick a disk sending him back to zone 3 making Bolin and his brother in zone 3 while the avatar was in zone 2 still. The Wolf bats go after Bolin sending water underneath him than freezing it slipping Bolin into the water. Korra gets him in front of Mako than they both get hit off, making the Wolf bats win the championship.

" Wait Korra's and Mako are still in the game!" The girl yells, Korra hold onto the side and also holds onto Mako she throws him up and Mako sends a fire kick at Tahno knocking him back, saving them to round 2. The three of them huddle in.

" what's wrong with these Refs,"

"They been paid off its the only explanation, some one wants us to lose,"

"If the Wolf bats are gonna fight dirty so should we," Korra looks back at the Wolf bats

"no we can't the refs have it out for us if we are gonna win this thing it has to be fair and square,"

"Ugh that's no fun but your right,"
Tahno sends water at Korra she dodged but the tip of her foot is than encased in ice, he kicked Korra back, Bolin hits the fire bender back but he aims for Mako's head, he dodged the but just barely, Round 2 ends in a tie breaker the Fire ferrets win the coins toss and Korra decides to go up and verse Tahno, Korra misses him on purpose than hits him under the chin knocking his helmet off, making him fall of the circle the fire ferret wining round 2. Round 3 starts and they both go all out, the Wolf bats start doing flips and everything but Tahno and the earthbender Ming decide it's time to end it as they put rocks into the water, hitting all of the Fire Ferrets off the ring giving them a knock out, The Wolf bats won the finals.

But the fight wasn't over just yet

____________________

Chapter 9 done