Book 1 - Chapter 2

____________________

They all sat in the gym Korra and Bolin stand at the disks while Mako and Liana are by the ladder watching.

"Alright, let's see what you've got," Bolin said enthusiastically about teaching the avatar how to street style earthbend. She sent two of the disks into the net. She had a stiff stance Liana cringed a little at the very basic earthbending stance.

"The was great, good power, but in a real match you'd be a sitting turtleduck, not so upright and flat-footed stay light on your toe right up until the moment you need to dig in and strike then pa pow," he said light on his feet than sending the disk full power into the net, Korra was amazed at the force he used for someone so light on their feet.

"Ok, let me try it again," she bounced around before sending two disks forward

"Wow, Nice adjustment you're a natural at this," he complimented the avatar.

"Bolin you realise street earthbending is ten times easier than traditional earthbending right" Liana states being an efficient earthbender knowing many styles of it.

"Yeah you told me like 4 times or something," Bolin grumbled at her, he wasn't fond of her telling him how to earthbend

"Not bad," Mako piped in Korra wasn't impressed by his reactions.

"What's it take to impress this guy," she said annoyed that he wasn't giving her the attention that she wanted.

"What? I said not bad," Mako said confused not getting what she was trying to get at.

"It takes a lot of being annoying and constantly being around him then he finally accepts how great you are," Liana spoke knowing how to impress him as she had to do it once before.

"You know what it's getting late I think I'm gonna turn you kids have fun nice to meet you avatar Korra," Mako walk off a bit

"Yeah, I'm gonna head to sleep to my head starting to hurt see ya nice meeting ya Korra hope to see you soon, " She said strolling with her hand behind her head.

"Yeah been a real pleasure, " Korra replied to Mako sarcastically

"See you upstairs bro, " Mako spoke walking with Liana following behind him.

"Upstairs? you guys live here?!" the avatar spoke surprised.

"Yup in the attic nothing fancy we have some great views so back to bending why don't you throw that combo one more time, " Bolin stated, Korra than threw two additional disks into the net.