Chapter Nine: Steven

I frowned while checking my phone again but didn't see any messages or call backs from Taylor. I wasn't sure why he wasn't answering me and I was starting to get worried. We'd been hanging out together so much that it was weird to not see him for a few days. I had gone over to his apartment but no one ever answered. The last time we talked everything seemed fine that I wasn't sure why this was going on. But I needed to know, and make sure nothing bad happened.

When my shift was over I wandered up a few flights of stairs before knocking on Oliver's open door. He was sitting at his desk, his glasses sliding down his nose as he read through multiple documents. The moment he saw me he frowned, closing the folder he was reading. He then took his glasses off and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm surprised to see you," he said with no emotion. Did he hate me now?

"Uh yeah sorry for just showing up. But I was wondering if I could ask you something?" When he didn't respond I walked into his office more and saw multiple picture frames on his desk. He had pictures of him and Dante, one of just Dante, some of Kate with Dante and also a group shot of everyone including Taylor. I instantly frowned, wishing I knew what was going on. "Is Taylor okay? I haven't heard from him in a few days and I went over to his apartment but he wasn't there."

Oliver's face turned dark as he said, "Do you really have any right to ask how he is? How do you think he is after what you said? You need to leave him alone."

"What I said? What are you talking about?"

"Like you don't know," he scoffed while standing up. He then stood in front of his desk, leaning against it while glaring at me. "I can't believe you would've been such a dick Steven. Do you know how special Taylor is? And you screwed everything up. If we weren't standing in this hospital I'd punch your stupid face for hurting him."

"Okay, now I'm officially lost. What are you talking about?"

He stared at me with a confused expression as well as his jaw slowly ticked. "Don't play dumb Steven. And for the record, breaking up with someone over a text is about as low as you can get."

My jaw fell open as I took a step back. "What?"

"I mean I know you guys weren't official, but to him you were."

"Why would I ever break up with him? I'm in love with Taylor."

Oliver's eyes narrowed at me before he asked, "Can I see your phone?"

Taking it out of my pocket I handed it over to him while saying, "Are you looking for something?"

"Show me your texts with Taylor."

Doing as he asked, I opened our conversation and frowned. The last thing he had said to me was Have a great day :). Since then, silence. I wrote him multiple times asking if he was okay but didn't receive anything in response. Oliver looked at the texts in confusion before looking back up at me.

"That's it? Did you delete the other ones?"

"Oliver, I have no idea what you're talking about. I didn't text him anything like breaking up. You have to believe me; I'd never do anything to hurt him. The last time he even tried to call me I wasn't by my phone at the moment. When I tried to call him back he never picked up and hasn't since."

He looked at the phone for a few more seconds before sighing and running a hand over his face. "Where were you a few days ago, when Taylor called you last?"

"Here," I said while thinking back to that day. "My sister came and had lunch with me like she'd been doing for a few days. We were in the cafeteria and I left for a few minutes to..." My jaw fell open again as I looked into his blue eyes. "I went to the bathroom and I left my phone on the table with her. Oh my god, did she write something to him?"