Chapter Three: Taylor

"Why do you keep checking your phone?"

Glancing up I saw the annoyed look of Dante staring back at me as he stabbed a green bean with his fork. "I'm not."

"Yeah whatever," he said while rolling his eyes. "You've been checking it like nonstop since we got in here. Are you expecting a call or something?"

I shrugged, staring down at the salad in front of me before piercing a piece of lettuce. "It's nothing Dante."

His dark eyes were narrowing at me as he chewed more vegetables, a dark eyebrow raising. "Nothing huh? Then you won't mind me telling you all about the wild sex I had last night with Oliver."

I all but choked on the lettuce, coughing loudly before taking a sip of water. "What? Why on earth would I want to know that?"

He simply shrugged, stabbing a potato and putting it into his mouth. "You're being secretive and sneaky so I'll be as open as ever. Kate was at a rehearsal so we could be as loud as we wanted. It first started in the shower, and man, did I give some good head"-

"I texted Steven awhile ago and haven't heard from him okay?" He leaned back in his chair while crossing his arms over his chest. "I never want to hear about your sex life again."

"I fucking knew it! I knew you liked him."

I could feel my cheeks heat up with a blush before saying, "I never said that."

Dante simply rolled his eyes before giving me a flat look. "Oh please. You've been giving him certain looks way before Christmas. Looks that you don't give me."

"I don't look at him a certain way."

He held his hands up in surrender while saying, "I'm not saying it's a bad thing Taylor, I think it's good. Having feelings for someone isn't a bad thing, it can completely change you. Look at me and Oliver, he truly changed my life."

I pushed my plate away from me while resting my elbows onto the table. "You and Oliver are different."

"How so?"

"Your feelings are mutual."

He frowned while asking, "And you don't think he likes you?"

"Look Dante, I haven't been thinking about relationships for a long time. You know how I feel about them now."

"Tay, it's been awhile since Kenny. Not every single guy is like him, and I know Steven. He's a good man who looks at you like you're the greatest thing in the world. He literally lights up when you walk in the room."

I couldn't help but shake my head, my eyes briefly glancing at my still silent phone. "Because we're friends."

"God Taylor, you're trying so hard to suppress these feelings for him because you've been so hurt before. Wouldn't you want to end up with someone like Steven?"

"I said I don't have feelings for him."

The usual bitchy Dante look was forming onto his face, the look I knew all too well. Some things really never changed and I was glad they didn't with him. Sure he had become slightly less bitchy since Oliver swept him off his feet, but he was still himself. Oliver had definitely softened his edges and made him the happiest I've ever seen.

"Oliver told me about a new doctor that just got hired in the ER. Apparently he's around his and Steven's age and is good looking. I'll have to tell him to set them up; I think his name is Manny. Do you know when Steven is free?" I watched him take his phone out as he said, "I can even set up a double date, I bet Oliver would like that. He likes people more than I do but I'd do it for him."

Fight for Love (boyxboy) *Completed*On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara