Chapter Four: Taylor

When my eyes slowly opened I couldn't help but yawn before stretching over the comfortable bed. After basically rolling off the bed I went into the bathroom before walking out into the kitchen. I immediately stopped when I saw Steven cooking what looked like pancakes, shirtless. My eyes roamed down his muscular back, looking at the pajama pants hanging low on his hips. He must've heard me because he was then turning around, instantly smiling at me. I looked at his bare chest and weirdly wanted to see how the skin felt beneath my fingertips.

"Good morning," he said as he turned back towards the pancakes.

"Morning," I squeaked while walking over to him, suddenly feeling self conscious in his clothes.

I took a quick peek up at his disheveled hair and slight stubble on his face. "Did you sleep okay?"

"I did." I smiled when he then handed me a plate of delicious looking pancakes. "Thank you, you're too kind."

My eyes were still looking at him as he smiled a sweet smile that made my insides feel all warm and tingly. His eyes looked me up and down before his fingers were suddenly moving my hair out of my eyes. My heart was beating faster than ever; luckily there was a plate in between us. Before I could freak out more the doorbell suddenly rang. I took a shaky breath when he walked away, leaning back against the counter.

I could hear Steven talking to someone as I walked over to the small kitchen table and sat down. Right as I put a big piece of pancake into my mouth, I watched him walk back in with a woman besides him. She looked very similar to him and was pretty, but instantly looked at me with disgust. I immediately stood up, feeling even more self conscious that I was in Steven's larger clothes.

"Taylor, I'd like you to meet my sister Natalie. She'll just randomly show up and not tell her brother she's coming by."

Natalie smiled up at Steven before patting his cheek. "You know you love me."

"And Nat, this is Taylor." Steven was then looking back over at me with a warm smile. "He's very important."

When she glared at me again I was starting to feel sick to my stomach. Instead of letting it get to me I put on a smile and gave her a small wave. "Hi, nice to meet you."

A cell phone was suddenly loudly ringing in the next room, Steven quickly excusing himself. When it was just Natalie and I she looked me up and down which intimidated me because she was pretty tall. "Steven didn't tell me he was dating anyone, especially someone so young."

I could feel my cheeks heat up as I said, "We're not dating and I'm twenty five."

"How cute."

My cheeks lit up again but this time in anger as she continued to glare down at me. "Excuse me?"

"He's a thirty three year old man who is well into his career. He doesn't need a thirsty little gold digger kid to distract him with buying Build a Bears."

"What? I'm not after his money."

She gave me a flat look before looking at her manicured fingernails. "Sure sweetie. Just keep telling yourself that."

Before I could respond Steven walked back in and Natalie's face instantly changed. She looked happy and not like the bitch she was a second ago. "Sorry about that."

Angry tears were threatening to fall as I looked up at his gentle face. "I should go; I don't want to intrude on family time."

"Taylor don't go," Steven said as he walked closer to me and gently placed a hand onto my elbow. His soft eyes were looking down at me as he said, "You didn't even eat yet."