Chapter One: Taylor

A/N: This is the sequel to Fight for Yourself. Please read that first.

Switching my hair dryer on I started to dry off one of my favorite client's brown hair. It took a few minutes because her hair was so long and silky, but eventually it dried enough that I could blow it out. When it was dry I turned the hair dryer off, giving her hair a few more touch ups.

          "I swear Taylor; you're the only one I trust with my hair."

          Elena had been one of my first clients, one of the first people to actually trust me. She had become a true friend over the years and I was really happy to know her. She was there when I still had my original hair, and when my attitude changed and my hair went blue. Her and Dante really helped me through some dark times, especially when my grandparents died. She didn't want me to become someone I would be ashamed to look in the mirror and see. Without her and Dante, I wasn't sure where I would be today.

          "You're too kind," I said as she simply rolled her brown eyes and smiled.

          "No, you're just too humble. What's going to happen to my hair when you become a nurse?"

          I gave her a look in the mirror before taking the gown off of her body. "That's still a long ways away, if I can even become one."

          This time she gave me a look as she spun around in the chair and looked up. "Don't tell me you're actually worried about not graduating? Tay, you're so smart and you're going to be a great nurse."

          She then jumped out of the chair and hugged me, her taller body engulfing mine. Practically everyone was taller than me, being only 5'1 could be pretty annoying at times. But getting a hug from someone taller is probably one of my favorite things.

          "Thanks Elena. And if you can't find a stylist you like I'll still cut your hair."

          "You're amazing," she said in my ear before squeezing my body.

          I followed her up to the front desk before sitting down in one of the comfy chairs as she got her wallet out. "Want to schedule your next appointment now or do you just want to text me?"

          "Let me check my schedule so I can schedule it now, or you know I'll forget."

          As she was looking through her phone I glanced up when the door opened. Butterflies erupted in my stomach when I saw Steven unexpectedly walk in. When Dante had been in Florida for a little bit trying to find Kate, Steven and I had really gotten a lot closer. He was an amazing man and was one of the nicest people I've ever met. Yet I was still so afraid to allow myself to get close to someone again because of the way I was treated in the past. And if Steven ended up doing the same thing, I don't think my heart could take that.

          When he walked up to the counter and smiled, I was a goner. It was a good thing I was already sitting down. "Hey Taylor."

          Elena looked up and did a double take, quickly looking over at me with a knowing look. I had told her all about Kenny, and she understood why I was living so carefully. But at the same time, she wanted me to be happy and didn't want me to be so scared.

          "Hi Steven." Her eyebrows wiggled as she suddenly turned towards him.

          "Steven, it's nice to meet you. I'm Elena, Taylor's most favorite client."

          I wanted to fall into a black hole when he was smiling down at her. "Nice to meet you too Elena."

          "She's also my most annoying client and she was just leaving."