Chapter Five

Chapter Five

As the play came to an end Ava was glad to say she clapped the loudest. Music started and everyone got up from their seats and began to dance. Ava sat at her table as she watched everyone have fun, dancing with each other and giggling. She saw her mother and father across the room slow dancing and her brother with a raven haired maiden. Someone tapped her on the shoulder making Ava turn around and coming face to face with the prince.

“It is my job tonight to dance with every single woman that came. Will you do me the honor?” Ava stared in awe as the handsome prince offered her his hand; she took it and was whisked away. They danced for hours, getting to know one another and laughing. This was just had she pictured it. “I have a confession to make, I didn’t have to dance with even one girl tonight if I didn’t want to, I just don’t like watching people be by themselves.” The prince admitted quietly, like he was a little ashamed of lying to her. “I have to confess something else too. I am incredibly happy that I did ask you to dance with me, you’re so beautiful. I don’t think I will ever be able to forget the unique colour of your eyes.” Ava blushed, thinking that this must be a dream. Out of the corner of her eye she saw her parents and brother leaving. This definitely wasn’t a dream.

“I’m so sorry, but I have to go!” She ran from the prince as he called for her to come back asking her, her name. Ava didn’t know how she was going to get home until she heard another pop, out of nowhere the cloudy ball landed in her hands. Rubbing the top, Ava wished to be home in her normal clothes before her family. Again she managed to get her wish, but unlike last time she wasn’t happy. She had an amazing time dancing with the prince but it ended a little too quickly.

Over the next few weeks posters around the kingdom went up about the girl the prince danced with at the dinner theater. Ava wanted to go and tell the prince that it was her, he danced with, that he laughed with, she wanted to tell him so bad; but she never did. She was too scared, too scared that maybe she did dream it all that night and if she went to confess the prince would laugh in her face.

Her mother was right the prince would never love her, never want her after she ran out without an explanation.

Ava stayed in her room that night the posters went up. Her tabby sat next to her trying to convince her to go to the place, and to tell the prince what she wanted to tell him.

"What would I say? That a month ago he tapped on my shoulder and asked me to dance, that he said he had to dance with all the single women in the room? I cannot say that, I looked pretty, I smelt nice then. I have to wash in a river for pete’s sake just to have a bath. What would he think?”

Soon  after Ava fell asleep, tears on her cheeks and her tabby curled into her chest. At least she will always have him.

I'm so sorry it's so short. I promised a chapter tonight so I couldn't go back on my word; I might go back later and add too it just to actually make it 700 words. XXX