Chapter 1 (Christine's POV)

I made a mistake. I should have never picked Raoul. Ever since that day when I picked Raoul instead of my angel, Erik, I have lived with regret everyday since. When I kiss Raoul, I feel nothing, but when I kiss Erik, my whole world is turned upside down. I realize that Erik is the one I'm meant to be with. I need to find Erik and tell him that I love and chose him.

I hear Raoul snoring and know that if I am going to leave now is the time. I grab my suitcase and hear the old grandfather clock chime saying that it's 11'o clock. I head to the kitchen and put the letter I wrote to Raoul on the marble countertop, gently placing my ring on top. After that, I gently open the huge wooden front doors and leave his mansion.

Raoul's mansion is about a half mile away from the Opera Popular, so I decide to walk. As I walk, I begin to notice that the bright full moon is beginning to hide behind some dark stray clouds. I need to hurry and get to the Opera Popular before it gets dark out here. To keep my mind occupied, I begin to think of Erik and hope that he is still in his lair.

Once I get to the opera house, I push open the giant wooden doors and memories flood in. I quickly push them aside and hurriedly walk to my old dressing room.

Once I am inside my dressing room, I can't help but let memories come inside my mind. The memory of when the opera house burned came to mind. That was the night where I chose Raoul. I begin to tear up when I remember when my angel sang those four words,"Christine, I love you." And I just walked away. I can't imagine the pain he must be in. I'm hoping that he still loves me.

I look around my old dressing room. The room seemed almost untouched by the fire. Only the door looked touched, but the room suffers from tons of dust. I walk over to my dusty vanity and see what looks like a picture frame. I pick up the dusty frame and wipe away the thick layer of dust. I see the smiling faces of my parents. Smiling, I gently place the picture in my suitcase.

I then face the full length mirror. Last time I saw it, the gold frame was shining brightly and you could see your reflection crystal clear in the mirror. Now the mirror is full of cracks and the golden frame has lost its shimmer and is beginning to become rusty.

I begin to feel for a latch in the mirror that will open it. I finally feel it, I tightly clutch it and pull the mirror to the right. The mirror slides open, revealing the dark catacombs that will, hopefully, bring me to my angel.