Chapter 10

We make it to the docks and head over to the ticket booth. Thankfully, the man selling the boat tickets doesn't recognize and gives us the tickets without a second glance. Erik grabs our luggage and we head toward our ship. The ship is a huge white steamer with the, I think, the American flag painted on the side.

        Since Erik is holding our luggage, I hand our tickets to one of the employees who shows us to our room. He hands us the key and then leaves, shutting the door behind him. Our room isn't big, but it isn't small either. The walls were painted a navy blue with a white ceiling. The double sized bed laid against the wall with matching navy blue sheets. The bathroom door was right across the room from the bed and next to the bed was a wall lenght window that opened out to a balcony, overlooking the ocean.

        The minute the employee leaves, Erik comes up behind me and puts his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. I gasp and lean into his touch. "I'm so grateful that no one recognized you," I say while partly under his trance.

        "Me too, Christine,"he agrees. Erik then pulls his arms off from my waist and takes my hand, leading me to the balcony. He pulls the window to the right and we step on to the balcony. The sun is setting over the ocean, glistening from the sun's rays, the sky behind is like an artist's palate with different shades of oranges, pinks, purples, and yellows. I stand next to Erik and he wraps his arm around my waist. I lay my head on his shoulder and we gaze out at the scence before us.

        I close my eyes and take the moment in. My so-to-be husband was by my side, we were on our way to start our life together, and we had this gorgeous view to top it all off. "I never want this moment to end," I say, looking up at Erik. Erik looks back down at me and smiles.

        We stand there enjoying each others presence when Erik says,"Chrisine, I love you so much." I look up at Erik to see that he is looking down at me. I smile,"And I love you, Erik. So much." Erik then leans down until our lips are touching. And made the completed the moment, making it last forever in my memory.

                                                                            ************

        Tomorrow we finally get off this ship. I could not wait: I am up every morning with sea sickness (or morning sickness, I can't tell). Erik is always there with me every morning, helping me feel better.

        Since we can't risk Erik getting caught, we usually just stay in our room. Today, however I was going to talk to Erik about something I was worried he wouldn't want to talk about, but I had to let him know how I feel. 

        After my daily trip to the bathroom with sea/morning sickness, I decide to finally ask him. I  walk over to him and ask if we could go onto the balcony. He looked confused, but opened the balcony door and walked out onto the balcony with me.

        Erik looks at me, worridly,"Christine, are you okay? You look nervous." I take a deep breath and turn to him.

        "Erik, I need to tell you a story about me," I say. He takes my hand and we sit down in two chairs, facing each other. "My mother had me when she was about my age. And she died during child birth, having me." I begin to cry as I continue,"And, to be honest, I'm scared Erik. What's gonna happen if something goes wrong? What if I die? I don't want to leave you, Erik." I begin to cry harder.

        Erik gets out of his chair and gets on his knees in front of me. "Christine, look at me," Erik says, gently turning my head so I'm looking at him. He has a few tears sliding down his face as he says,"Nothing bad is going to happen. You are going to live and we are going to raise this child together." He wipes away a tear that is sliding down my face. "I love you, Christine. Never forget that.'

        "I love you too, Erik," I say. Eril pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head. I hug him back and cry into his chest. "I'm sorry for.......bringing this up," I sob. Erik rubs my back, soothing me. "It's okay, angel. You needed to get it off your chest." We stay in the hug and eventually pulll away. Erik helps me up and we walk back inside with his protective arm around my shoulders, making me forget about the future.

______________________________________________________________________________________

        Hey guys, Thank you so much for the 298 reads. It means the world to me. I can't believe this is chapter 10. Comments are always welcome. Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Keep reading and enjoy. :)