Chapter 9

I sit there shocked. I'm pregnant. I can't believe that I'm going to be a mother. I smile brightly and feel my eyes begin to water. I look back up at Dr. Valjean and say,"Thank you so much."

He smiles back at me and says,"It was my pleasure Miss Daae. Would you like me to send Mr. Destler back in?"

"Yes please," I answer. As he leaves the room, I feel my heart begin to beat faster. What Erik doesn't want children? What if he leaves me because I'm pregnant? "You know he won't leave you," the voice in my head says, but I don't know if I believe it right now.

Erik enters the room, looking worried. "Christine, did the doctor tell you what's wrong," Erik asks, worridly. I take a deep breath; it's now or never.

"Erik, I'm........" my throat goes dry, I don't know if I can get it out.

"You're what, Christine," Erik asks.

I look Erik straight in the eyes and take another deep breath. "Erik, I'm pregnant."

Erik's eyes widen and he opens his mouth to say something, but closes it. I begin to get worried when Erik doesn't say anything.

"Erik, please say something. Just say if you want this baby or n...." I get cut off when Erik presses his lips to mine. I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck. After what feels like an eternity, Erik pulles away and presses his forehead on mine. We're both smiling, brightly.

I look at Erik and say, happily,"You're gonna be a father, Erik."

He looks me back and says,"I don't want our child to have a childhood like mine. I'm going to always be there for you and our child. I am never going to leave you, Christine."

I smile and take Erik's hand. "I'm glad to hear that because I'm never going to leave you either. I'm staying this time. And we are going to give our child the best life we can offer."

Erik gently squeezes hand. "That's right," he agrees. Then smiling he says,"It's going to be a boy."

I laugh,"No, it's gonna be a girl. I've always wanted a baby girl."

Laughing, Erik says,"Just because you've always wanted a girl doesn't mean it will be one. It's a boy."

"Well, we won't know who's right until, she's born," I say.

"Hey, you said she" Erik says.

"You weren't supposed to catch that," I say, laughing.

"Well, when we're talking about our baby, I should catch the important details, like the gender," Erik says, smiling. "Do you feel well enough to continue traveling? We are 10 miles away from the docks, but we can stay here you aren't up for the trip."

"No, I feel fine. Let's get to the ship, so we can go to America," I answer.

We pay the doctor and we set out for the docks. To the ship that will take us to start our new lives.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I know this isn't one of my best chapters, but it's an important one. Hope you guys enjoy. Comments are always wanted. Keep reading and enjoy. :)