Chapter 16

Erik wrapss his arm around me, pulling me close to him. I feel Raoul's intense glare, burning into me.

"Look what you have done, Christine," Raoul says loudly. "You gave an innocent child HIS face," referring to Erika.

Enraged, Erik hands me Erika, before standing, and starts to walk over to Raoul. Erik doesn't get to far before Raoul pulls a gun from his back pocket. Pointing the gun at Erik, Raoul turns and faces me. "You were supposed to be mine and now you're not," Raoul says, angrily. "Well here's my chance to get you back." I must have looked confused because he explained.

"You have two choices, Christine," Raoul says, trying to conceal his excitement. "You will either give Erik your children and leave with, become my wife, and no one dies. Refuse me, I will kill Erik and your children, and you will never see me again."

"No, not another choice," I think. "What am I supposed to do? I can't let my husband and children die, but I don't want to go back with him. No! I'll go with him. I need to protect Erik and my children."

I look up at Raoul. "I'll go with you. Just don't hurt my family," I tell Raoul. Raoul smiles an evil smile,"You have my word," Raoul says.

"Christine, no," Erik says. I try to get out of the bed, but I'm still weak from giving birth that I fall right back down on the bed. Erik rushes over to me. "Christine, you can't leave. I don't want to live without you," Erik says, a tear forming in his eye.

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you and the children were dead. I'll be okay," I tell Erik, putting my hand on his masked cheek.

"Alright Christine, let's go,"Raoul says.

"Can't you see that see can't walk," Erik yells at Raoul.

Raoul points the gun at Erik. "Don't yell or I will shot you. You're going to attract attention."

Once Raoul says that, I get an idea. I begin to scream, clutching my stomach. Raoul rushes over and Erik begins to panick. Raoul points the gun to my head. "Christine, shut up," Raoul hisses.

Fake tears run down my face,"It hurts so bad," I get out between tears. "What hurts, Christine," Erik asks, terrified.

"Everything," I say, sobbing. Raoul clamps his hand over mouth to stop the noise, forgetting about the gun. Erik notices and takes a chance.

Erik quickly reaches over me and easily slips the gun out of Raoul's hand just as some nurses rush into the room. They watch as Erik gets the gun from Raoul, which was pointed at my head. The nurses call for security. Security rushes in a minute later and easily arrest Raoul and lead him out.

Once he is out, the nurses rush over to me. "Where is the pain, dear," an older nurse asks. I begin to blush and answer sheepishly,"I only screamed so that you could see what was happening."

Everyone, even Erik, stare at me in shock. Suddenly, Erik starts laughing. "You scared me so much and it was all an act," Erik says, smiling.

"Yes," I say beginning to laugh a little.

Erik pulls me into a hug, being careful to not wake the children, who have been sleeping the whole time. "I'm so glad you're okay and safe," Erik mumbles so only I can hear it. "Me too," I say back.

The nurses check me to see if I am able to go home and they say I can go home if I want or stay another night to rest. Erik and I agree that we're going to go home. We check out of the hospital and head home.

Once back home, we put the children to bed and head to our room. We climb into bed and Erik wraps his arms around me, pulling me close to him. I whisper,"I love you, my angel of music."

"I love you too, my Christine," Erik whispers back. I then close my eyes and fall asleep in my angel's arms.