"Good day, Miss.", Ap'lek said.

"Day? We are in space with no sun around.", Kuruk replied and nodded towards you.

"Good...day. Still to all of you.", you stepped out of your room fully, "What's the matter?"

Kylo sighed and Ap'lek explained it to you. They had reliable information about the location of rather high profile Resistance sympathizers. Taking them out was a bit more of a challenge, as they could not send Kuruk. Now in Ap'lek's and Kuruk's opinion it was not going to be a problem because...

"I can go.", you interrupted Ap'lek, who immediately turned towards Kylo and nodded, "If you can not send Kuruk it's probably because he is Force Sensitive. I am not."

"You see!", Ap'lek said and raised his arms, "We did not even have to ASK her!"

"No.", Kylo crossed his arms, "She's not ready."

"She will not miss him. It is a clean way to solve the problem.", Kuruk added. You were surprised to hear anything other than an insult from out of his mouth.

"She is ready! She is capable and quite literally our only shot at this!", Ap'lek insisted, raising his arms a little higher as if that would somehow convince Kylo.

"No.", Kylo repeated. It made him sound a bit like a little kid. Only a bit.

"Can I talk to you for a second?", you asked him calmly. From the way he looked at you, you weren't sure what he'd say but he nodded and you opened the door to your room.

Your room was tiny and cramped on its own, with the bed on the side you had roughly a square meter before your desk started. With Kylo in it...there was barely any space left, so you stood awkwardly in the door to the bathroom.

You smiled and took a deep breath, "I won't be found out. I am capable. I will come back unharmed and no one will even know I was there. My face is...forgettable if I want it to be."

"I know.", he looked down on you, his arms still crossed, "I am not doubting your abilities."

"Then send me. Have Ap'lek or anyone wait nearby. Maybe I can mask their presence."

He shook his head, "No."

"Please. Atleast let me try! Take me to a planet, give me and Ap'lek time to hide and see if you can find us. If you can't I won't go. I won't ask you again either. I promise."

It took him a bit longer to shake his head this time. Perhaps you were getting somewhere.
"You said I was a weapon. You have to test me. Test me in an environment that you know. Something you can control."

He frowned slightly and looked down on you. It was one of those times where you wished you could look inside his head as easily as he was able to look into yours. If he'd be wearing his helmet right now it would be equally hard to read his facial expressions. It was something between worry and...well something else that you could not pinpoint.
He sighed and shook his head slightly, "Fine."

"YES!", you cheered and grinned, "Thank you!"

The Night buzzard landed on the black sands of Cedht. It wasn't a barren planet, on the contrary, there was a lot of greenery...which regularly got destroyed by one of the volcanoes erupting. It was warm, hot in your opinion but not scorching, unlike the rivers of lava burning their way through the land. Ap'lek, Kuruk, Kylo and you left the Night buzzard and took a look around.

"How much time do we have?", you asked Kylo and assembled your rifle.

"Thirty minutes headstart. You know where I'll be?"