"Never" Shisui was smiling like an idiot, making Itachi giving shudder, well at least one of them would be happy.

They stepped outside, and immediately felt the summer heat that had enveloped Konoha the last few days. Making him scowl, he really hated the hot weather, it made him sweat and his long hair didn't help, maybe he would really cut it, for his mother's joy.

"Damn heat" he groaned loosening his dark blue tie and taking his jacket off, letting out a sigh of relief feeling a bit better.

He swung the annoying piece of clothing behind his back and followed his cousin into a little restaurant around the corner.

"Here it is, it's a nice little place"

he said with his cheerful voice as he pushed the door open, and let Itachi through, closing it behind him.

" I usually come here during break, nobody from the company comes here, they prefer the sushi bar next to our building and others go home. I like it here though it's quiet and the food is pretty good." He explained, as he took a seat at a small table on the far end.

"What about my father? Where does he have lunch?" the younger man asked as he gave a quick look at the menu a silent waiter had brought them.

He had barely seen his parent all morning, and he knew he didn't go home for lunch.

"Ol' Fugaku never gets out of the office, he and Madara have their food delivered. I guess it's that way when you're running a company" The brown haired man mused as he shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess you will find out though, that is your future after all" he added and he raised his eyebrows at the younger man, noticing his pensive expression.

"I'm not that eager to know, and after all, they could give that position to someone else...like you"

Shisui opened his mouth agape, in pure shock.

"No way! Everyone knows that you're Madara's favourite nephew" he blurted, he had already made clear to everyone that he was satisfied as a researcher and wasn't aspiring in becoming a high profile executive.

He snickered at Itachi's unimpressed expression. He knew that the younger man felt he had done nothing special to earn that position, and that he couldn't understand why the older Uchiha had such faith in him.

"He is retiring you know, he won't be around to dictate everyone around, in the office at least" He would simply continue to dictate everyone in the family.

"I have a feeling he will still try and control everything anyway, old habits die hard"

"So, if my father will become president who is going to be the second in command?"

Shisui raised an eyebrow at that question.

"You don't know? The mighty annoying Obito Uchiha, he is the only one that, according to Madara has the capabilities, besides you"

"And you"

"I am being offered a better position"

"And is?"

"Head of the research department, when Izuna retires"