chapter 8

Menma threw a little rock at the window, hoping that she would hear it. After a few minutes without any movement, he just threw another and waited again.

He didn't know which crazy impulse made him go there, but now that he was standing in the shadows of the huge house, he wasn't so sure it was a good idea.

Just as he was about to leave, the light in the room turned on, and the window opened, revealing a dark haired girl, looking down, searching for the source of the noise.

Her pale lavender eyes, fell on a black haired boy, with blazing blue eyes, looking up towards her.

"Menma?" she asked, voice astonished and eyes wide.

"Hi Hinata" he waved at her, with a small smile that was rarely seen on the Namikaze.

"What.. what are you doing here?" she asked, fiddling her thumbs trying to stay calm. Her skin was flushed and her heart beat had increased so much and so fast, she wondered if it was considered healthy.

"I...I just wanted to see you, and" ok, he had to find a good reason, he had left the Uchiha's house and left his sister behind to come here, so, obviously it was important.

"I was just wondering…well" he rubbed the back of his head, eyes looking in every direction except at her, and he could feel his palms sweating.

He sighed, and Hinata was starting to look a little confused. Well, shit, he didn't want her to think of him as a loser.

He was thinking about giving up, and just leaving, not because he was shy, that wasn't it at all, he had always been quite difficult in expressing his feelings, a total opposite of Naruko who could be read by everyone, and wore her feelings on her sleeve. But he wouldn't give up, he could do it.

Maybe it had been Lee's speech about true love, or Shisui's pathetic whining that lead him there, he wasn't really sure, but either way, he was a Namikaze, and their motto was to never give up!

"I am Menma Namikaze dammit!"

The girl's expression became a little hazy, and the dark haired boy mentally facepalmed in shame. He had said that out loud hadn't he?

"I know who you are..." she whispered, but he heard it, he was making a fool of himself, man, he really was lame.

"Hinata…I wanted to ask you-"

"Oi, you down there"

They both heard a voice coming from the window next to Hinata's.

"Hanabi?" she wass about to faint, it was all too much for her to take. Menma was there underneath her window for who know what reason, and worse her sister had busted him.

"Would you hurry up and ask her out? I'm tired and need my beauty sleep"

The older girl blushed harder and tried to stutter something, but she couldn't get out anything comprehensible.

"Uh? Yeah right" great, now a girl non older than thirteen was giving him orders, he was glad none of his friends could see him.

"Hinata…would you like to go out on a date…with me?"

The pale eyes girl gasped, and tried fanning herself with one of her hands, the other helping her hold on the windowsill, just in case her legs gave out from all the emotion.