29: The Eleventh January

Start from the beginning

His birthday was on a Saturday, so again throughout the day the only person that saw him was Midoriya. Shoji and Tokoyami's Dark Shadow held up the big banner reading 'Happy Birthday, Todoroki!' In bright red letters with intricate decorations I had painted on around the letters and Sero taped it to the wall. "Wow (y/n), that looks so pretty!" Mina squealed excitedly.

"Do you think he'll like it?" I asked, doubting myself now.

"Of course he will! He'll love all the effort you've put in for him," she said, smiling. I nodded my head, seriously hoping he would. Around me everyone was putting their efforts in, some of the guys were blowing up balloons, Ochaco was using her zero gravity to attach streamers to the ceiling, with the help of Sero who stuck them securely. Sato, Momo and Iida were laying out all the food across the table, and Ojiro and Toru came in with the cake on a wheeled cart. I was incredibly happy with it, as it looked exactly how I wanted it to, the two white tiers made to look like ice and the middle orange/red tier made to look like fire. The pair hauled it onto the food table where it stood proudly in the middle.

I placed everyones presents in the corner and turned around to see the final decorations being put in place. It looked like a fun party, but not too over the top. There were a few balloons tied to weights that were placed either side of the sofa's, there were thin streamers hanging across the ceiling, the table of food with the cake in the middle and the banner hanging above it. "Do you think it's too much?" I asked.

"No of course not! I think he'll love it," Toru said, clapping her hands together.

"Will you try and make your move tonight?" Kaminari said openly.

"W-what?!" I stuttered.

"Kaminari, don't put her on the spot like that! But... are you?" Mina said and I squealed.

"I-I... w-well-," I couldn't say anything. It was then however that my phone saved me, as it buzzed loudly. I turned away from my class and read the text Midoriya had sent me, saying that the pair of them were on their way. "They're coming! I haven't even gotten dressed yet!" I squealed, and immediately we all ran to our rooms to get ready in the fifteen minutes Midoriya said we had. I flicked through my wardrobe quickly, before finally deciding on some cream trousers, a light pink bralette and a white cardigan over the top, buttoning up the middle three buttons. I nodded at myself in the mirror and applied subtle makeup with light pink eyeshadow. I let my hair hang loose and ran quickly back into the common room where I found most of the guys already waiting.

"Wow, you look nice, trying to impress someone?" Kaminari teased and this time I covered my fist with my carbon shield and punched him right on his shoulder. "OW!"

"Then shut up!" I shouted, shoving his party popper into his hand. I handed out the rest of them to the other guys, and the girls got back to the common room just in time for me to receive the text saying that the pair of them had arrived. I handed them their party poppers and we all hid behind the sofa's and chairs waiting in anticipation for the lights to be turned on.

"(y/n), come on. Make your move tonight," Kaminari whispered to me as he crouched next to me.

"What? No, I'm not going to, he won't feel the same way," I said through gritted teeth.

"I think you should, (y/n). His actions around you make it seem as though he may reciprocate your feelings," Iida whispered from my other side.

"Not you too," I sighed. The lights suddenly turned on, and we all jumped up simultaneously, popping our poppers and yelling out "Happy birthday!" I blushed as I saw him wide eyed, wearing his turtleneck jumper that I loved so much. My heart began to pound but I tried my very best to ignore it. It seemed to take him a solid minute to take it all in as his eyes darted around the room at the decorations, the food and the presents.