Melody shrugged, and focused her attention on her ice cream. Sure, Melody was a little confused about why Calum was with Ali, but Luke seemed genuinely upset. Which in return made Melody upset, because she didn't know if Luke was jealous of Calum, or what his problem was. To her knowledge, Luke didn't like Ali at all, so she didn't see what there was to be angry over. Melody decided to text Calum and see what was going on.

To: Clum Clum
I see you

To: Mellowdy
I see you too

To: Clum Clum
Um so Ali?

To: Mellowdy
I'll explain it to you later it's too much to text

To: Clum Clum
Yeah okay

To: Mellowdy
She's pissed because Luke's here or maybe because you're here with Luke I don't know

To: Clum Clum
Yeah Luke's the same

To: Mellowdy
Kick him in the knee

Melody laughed quietly at her phone, and looked up to see Luke frowning. She raised an eyebrow at him, which made him deepen his frown.

"You're ignoring me," Luke whined.

"Just texting Cal," she answered.

Luke let out an obnoxious groan, "Seriously? So Calum can have my ex and my new girlfriend."

Melody narrowed her eyes at Luke, and stood up from the table. She swiftly threw away the remainder of her ice cream cone and exited the shop. She started walking back to Luke's because that's where her things were, and if Luke was going to be an asshole she was going to take her stuff and go home. Luke was left tripping over his feet, and rushing out after her. 

"Melody," Luke called, out of breath. She kept walking, not even bothering to look back at him.

"Baby, can you hold on," he huffed, catching up with her due to his ridiculously long legs.

Melody stopped walking to turn around to face Luke, "Were you like jealous that she was with Calum or something, because I don't get it?" 

"What? No?" Luke stuttered, his eyes going wide at Melody's attitude. 

"So what was the problem?"

"Calum was breaking the rules," he shrugged. Melody's hard glare softened, until she was left looking confused because she had no idea what the hell Luke was talking about. 

"He broke bro code, like the TV show on MTV. It just threw me off, because I guess he's kind of my friend. Plus Ali's a pain to be around, so I just don't know why he would want that," Luke confessed, and then smirked as he walked closer to Mel, "Were you jealous, baby?"

Melody's composure faltered for a moment, before she cleared her throat and shook her head. Luke stepped even closer to her, so that they were touching now. Luke brought a finger under her chin and tipped it up, so she was looking at him.

"Good, because you have nothing to be jealous about. It's just you," he insisted, and smiled fondly at her.

Melody's cheeks tinted pink, but she didn't break eye contact from Luke. Hearing him say those words made Melody feel secure. It was just her, and she didn't need to worry. He pressed their lips together briefly, then took her hand and walked back to his house.

"I'm sorry I got mad," Melody spoke shyly, as they reached Luke's.

"S'okay, I get it," he replied, kissing her cheek quickly before he opened the door.