1.5// Slip Ups

Melody woke up with a blanket draped over her, thanks to Luke. She frowned at the lack of his presence but understood that he couldn't stay, it was a school night anyway. She checked her phone and read the message Luke had sent her last night, she smiled so wide she wasn't sure how the corners of her mouth weren't ripping.

Suddenly she was in a rush to get ready and get to school. She was rushing around her room and the bathroom like a mad woman. There was plenty of time before the first bell, but she wasn't rushing for that reason. She wanted to see Luke.

Melody parked her car in her usual spot in the student lot, and scanned the area for tall blonde hair and blue eyes. He probably was still at home, it was extremely early still. Maybe Melody had gone a little over board with the rushing around. She didn't feel like walking into the stone building yet, so she sat on the trunk of her car.

To: Icky Nikki

I'm alone at school save me

To: Ariel's Daughter

You do realize school doesn't start for like a half hour, correct?

To: Icky Nikki

I was ready early

To: Ariel's Daughter

So damn eager

Nikki probably wouldn't be arriving at school anytime soon, so she decided to accept her fate of being alone for a while. She was surprised that this many people were at school so early. The parking lot was slowly but surely filling up with cars and teenagers.

To kill some time Mel put her headphones in and scrolled through instagram, which she hadn't been on in ages. There was no reason for her to go on, there was no way she would ever post a selfie where she had no makeup on.

She was swinging her foot along to the beat of Teenagers by My Chemical Romance, and she was pretty sure she was humming along but she couldn't really hear herself over the volume of the music. She was too busy with her phone that she hadn't noticed Ashton, Luke, and Michael had walked up to her. Luke grabbed her shoulder forcefully, to try to scare her. In the process she almost fell off her car, and managed to kick Michael in the thigh. She ripped her headphones out and jumped down. Luke was hysterically laughing, so she assumed it was him that scared her half to death.

"I actually just almost had a heart attack, you asshole!" She scolded him, slapping his arm.

He continued laughing, and Michael was whimpering about the pain in his leg.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't even see you," Melody explained to Michael. He gave her a grunt and she took it as he accepted her apology.

"Should have seen your face!" Luke wheezed, he was red in the face from laughing so hard.

"You're such a child," she scoffed, and rolled her eyes.

"I'm gonna go find somewhere for Mikey to curl up and cry," Ashton laughed, and grabbed Michael's shoulder to lead him into the school. Melody nodded at him, and Luke wiped at the tears under his eyes.

"It wasn't even that funny," Melody commented.

Luke hopped up onto Melody's trunk, and smirked at her, "You're right it was hilarious."

"You're annoying," she teased.

Luke pulled at Melody's forearm so that she was standing slightly between his legs. Melody laughed at their height difference, she had to crane her neck to see his face. Luke on the other hand had a great view. Melody had decided to wear a v-neck t-shirt today, and Luke was so grateful. He had a clear view down her shirt. He tried not to stare too much, because it was a bit rude and he didn't want Melody to run him over with her car.