Chapter Three

Rural England
Sutcliff Home

" So that's why you are here, eh? " Elle hums going deep into her mind. She's seen something like that before. She just couldn't put a finger on it.

" Elle, I was hoping you might be able to help or at least have answers to this solution, that could be useful. "

" It sure sounds familiar, like I've seen this before, I... I just can't remember..."

Then it hit her in 1820, the massive death that suddenly increased. People who weren't supposed to die. The victims were brutally murdered and their eyes gouged out. Then again in 1920.

The nightmares some of the younger newer Reapers had could make anyone go insane.
Higher Up sent Elle and William and two other Reapers to figure this out hoping whatever this is would killer her, but didn't, (Someone else got the honor of doing it.) When they got there it looked like nothing happened, she was sent to collect souls before the demon came.

" It has to be the Sin Sisters. They only like cause mayhem when the angels are busy. "

" They are Envy, Lust, and Anger, Three witch's that love the dark forces. "

" They are attracted by sins of others? "

" Perhaps. "

Of course, Damian knew his family is based in Sins and that when they all died, he and Todd don't expect any special treatment. Todd had shared with him and only him the voices that he still hears every now and again. They would say, " The choices you have made brought you here. You suck the life out of others, now we shall do the same until there is nothing left of you. "

Other experiences but not limited to the voices and sights that are so indescribable, Jason and Damian alike hate to think about it without shaking.
But this doesn't explain anything and causes more questions than answers.

But he'll figure it out and bring his father and brothers back or he'll die knowing he at least tried. Deep down Damian hope that would be enough for them to know he tried to figure it out that he missed them. But he'll never say it out loud.

" Looks like I'll have to go to the Dispatch Building meanwhile try and figure out what you can. " Elle announce on her way out she looks at Alfred with a serious look. " I'll be back as soon as I can. See if you can find out who Sister Pride is and where to find her. "

" We'll do our best. " He reassures and Elle was gone in a blink.

" Sister Pride? "

" It's real Four sisters. You were too forgone here. She is a Dark Bird, not much is known other than that she is pure gold. "

" Oh. " Damian sought sitting in one of the twin red wine chairs in the living room. Sigh he rests his head in his hand. " Why is this happening, Pennyworth?
Why? "

He didn't jump went he when he felt a hand on his shoulder or open his eyes to know the old man was kneeling in front of him.

" Don't worry, young master. I know we'll find out what's happening and fix it. "

" I know, Pennyworth. Failure isn't an option. " He declares rolling his shoulder and raising his head high.

Alfred smiled as he steps back. His grandson has grown from an arrogant uptight bratty ten-year-old to a slightly arrogant kind seventeen-year-old young man. Bruce is extremely proud of him as well Talia.

Bruce told him how much she regret forcing this life on Damian, how she shouldn't have let Ra's control or Damian's life. While Bruce thinks it is a trick, Alfred thinks it's a mother wanting her son's love and respect back.

" What did the sister's evening look like? " Damian ponders thumb and forefinger holding his chin.

" Well, " Alfred says walking over to Elle's bookshelf pull off his gloves as he reaches for a large black book, opening it to page 450, Chapter 15 paragraph seven.

" The Sin Sisters were to born to normal parents, who went to church, discipline there girls and we're outstanding couple. The three ran into the Fire, the Left Hand of Hells Gate Nine. "

" Does it describe any of their full capacity? Say anything about where they went? or anything about Sister Pride? " Damian asks while glances over his shoulder to scan the book.

" Nothing, other than that she left after her sisters disappeared after killing their parents. They even joined Hell's Gate Nine, becoming lover's to the Demon who runs that gate. "

" What's his name? "

The book is ancient but taken we'll care of as for the text it's small and handwritten in black ink surrounded by dark cream aged paper a few tears.
It's a bit hard to read, not completely difficult at all, being that he was able to find the Demon's name.

Region Demon of the Ninth Gate, Terror of Earth and Titans and Father of Rachel Roth.

Raven.

" Would she mind if we brought the book, Pennyworth? Cause we're heading straight for Titans Tower. "

††††††-†

Titans Tower

Something never feels right when it comes to Raven. It always her Father consisted nagging or Gar's stupid pranks or... Dick and Damian going MIA.

Probably a mission but then again she would be able to get into their mind to talk. Dick's mind feels cold and dark and empty. Damian's is just dark and empty, likes he blocking her out again.

He hasn't done it since he first arrived five years ago.

Still somethings off it strong, no powers, it comes in waves. Like it wants to destroy only it doesn't know-how.

She's so deep in the mind, at the same time ignoring Trigion she didn't hear Koriand'r knocking and entering.

" Rachel are you ok? I've been knocking on your door for 30 minutes. " Her sweet caring voice filled her mind. Snapping her back to life.

" Sorry, Kory. I was just thinking... About something. "

" Damian? "