F I V E

Accelerator lost count of the many times Kamijou had gotten an accident during their search. Along the way Accelerator had started counting the times Touma got hit, tripped, thwacked, or otherwise, hurt in a matter of two hours. Soon the esper decided to just give up counting.

Who the hell had flowerpots on their windosills anymore? Who the fuck carried long planks of woods down an empty street and manages to hit the single person going down the same street? And why, just why were there puddles of water for cars to speed through to splash the person walking near the puddle of water? If Accelerator remembers correctly it hasn't rained all day. All week actualy.

Even as Accelerator tried to keep an eye on the poor guy to atleast keep him from hurting himself---Just this once---the albino's eye would twitch repeatedly as his effort was in vain and the idiot kept tripping over golf balls that somehow magicaly appeared. Accelerator couldn't help but wonder: "How the fuck does this guy survive?"

There was no physical answer but as Touma began to pick himself up his phone began to ring. Without looking at the caller ID the boy answered. "Huh? Hello?" Accelerator drifted closer wondering who would be calling this late. It was a quarter to 10 pm.

"INDEX?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING BACK AT THE APARTMENT?!"

Accelerator's head jerked up, his eyes narrowed at the spiky haired boy beside him. "Wait what? Last Order is with you? Wait---Oi! What's all the noises im the background? Hey! What are you two doing anyway? What do you mean your hungry? I've been out here looking for your for hours!"

The phone went dead, and Touma closed it angrily. "Last Order and Index are back at my apartment cleaning out my fridge"

All the anger in the boy whooshed out in a sigh. "Rotten luck. Come on I know a shortcut so we can get there faster"

Accelerator simply nodded and trotted after him.

The walk back to Touma's apartment was in awkward silence. Neither said anything and everytimen Kamijou said something he was either met with a cold shoulder or an unamused look. So, he decided to just shut up.

But every now and then the spiky haired boy would steal glances at the albino beside him. If the albino noticed he didn't comment on it, opting to just keep silent and keep walking.

Kamijou decided to observe Accelerator's features. Their last encounters never realy gave him much chance to further study the albino's appearance, mostly because they were always in a life and death situation that barely left time for aesthetic viewing. He didn't even know why he's doing this but the boy couldn't help himself.

Accelerator had let his hair grow longer, but it also looked tamed and purely white compared to his old silvery-white look. His skin was still pale, but it was more healthy looking. He's also grown taller he almost towers over Kamijou.

For once Accelerator looked calm and didn't look like he will murder someone who so much as looked at him funny.

"Are you done gawking?" the voice of the albino snapped Kamijou out of whatever trance he was in. A blush, however faint they were, appeared on the boy's cheeks at having been caught. It didn't seem the albino noticed though. He darted his eyes to the ground. "S-sorry" he stuttered feeling foolish.

But when he raised his head again he was surprised to see his compannion/rival smiling. Or rather, smirking, in amusement. This caused Touma to breath a sigh of relief.

The ten storey apartment came into view. And Touma stepped onto the lift, pressing the eight button. And instead of sticking like it usualy did, it surprisingly worked.

A dark, depressing, aura surrounded Touma as he wondered what the heck was going on. What type of horrible misfortune would he have to face---

Touma opened his apartment door, Accelerator right behind him. Touma's mouth automaticly opening to say 'I'm home Index!' when the scene registered itself.

The entire room was completely and totaly trashed! Sheets had been pulled off the bed and rigged into a tent. The small table moved, the matress dragged onto the sheet tent, cans littered around in various positions, books stacked semi-neatly in piles of the corner of the tent.

Two smiling faces poked out of the tent, smiling sweetly at him. "Welcome home Touma!"

 "Welcome home Touma!"