He bit the bullet, "How's Jack?" He asked genuinely, softening his eyes on the small brunette next to him.

"Fine." She retorted. She bit down on her bottom lip, squeezing her eyes shut slowly, "Can we not talk about it, actually?"

Sean winced, but complied, turning back to his plate. He made eye contact with Serris, who gave him a curious look, raising one eyebrow. He shook his head slightly in an attempt to get her to drop it. Thankfully, she did, and she returned to her conversation with Kylie.

Kaycee broke the silence, "How was Jake's class?" She asked, stabbing her fork into her rice.

"It was great!" Sean sat up taller, his eyes glimmering, "He gave me a solo, I felt like it was the best I've danced in awhile."

Kaycee smiled back at him, her eyes mirroring his. "That's great, Sean." She paused, looking at him more closely, "I can't wait for the video to come out."

His smile grew wider, the dimples in his cheeks deepening. He took in the girl in front of him for the first time that night; her curly brown hair was straightened, a thin coat of mascara elongating her already long lashes, her hazel eyes glinting with flecks of green. She truly was adorable, Sean had known that for years. But now he saw just how beautiful she was, she wasn't just the cute, goofy girl he'd known for years, she was so much more than that.

"Take a picture, Lew. It lasts longer." Kaycee teased, her lips curled into a mischievous smirk.

Sean shook his head, "You have something on your face." He lied, turning his body away from her.

"I bet." Kaycee giggled.

The two finished their meals in comfortable silence, the rest of their families talking amongst themselves. Kaycee caught Sean glancing at her every couple of minutes out of her peripheral vision. He'd stare at her for a solid several seconds, then he'd seemingly catch himself and shoot his eyes forward again.

She couldn't help but blush, he was always stealing glances at her, but he typically tried to hide it. Today he sat beside her, looking at her with no shame, in front of both of their families.

While she took her turn to steal a glance at Sean, she heard a thud from under the table followed by a pained gasp coming from the boy beside her.

Sean snapped out of his thoughts, glaring at his sister across from him. She returned his scowl with an equal amount of ferocity. He threw his hands in the air and shrugged his shoulders in confusion.

Serris flickered her eyes in Kaycee's direction quickly, returning his bewildered stare. Sean simply shook his head defiantly. He knew he had been rather obvious, not trying to hide the fact that he was looking at Kaycee. It was bold, he knew, but part of him wanted her to know, wanted for her to understand that his feelings weren't strictly platonic anymore.

"You're being weird." Serris mouthed, her eyes still hard.

Sean dismissed her with a roll of his eyes. He was about to give her a final, warning glare, but he felt Kaycee's eyes on him. He plastered a small smile on his face and turned to her, her facial features mirroring hers.

Kaycee tilted her chin downward. "How'd that feel?" She asked smugly.

Sean humphed, "I'd take that hit any day over having your knee wail me in the mouth."

Kaycee laughed, remembering back to the World of Dance days. They had been rehearsing for the Divisional Finals, Kaycee having to throw herself over and around Sean's arm; instead, she went sideways and kneed Sean in the face. As terrifying as it was in the moment, she was thankful he wasn't hurt too badly, and especially glad they could laugh about it now.