Met you in the waiting room

Start from the beginning

"You thought my job was cool? That's like the most unique obscure job ever," Dan said in fascination and the man smiled.

"Most people give me weird looks when they find out," he said, smiling a little wider.

"Well they're stupid. I'd love to do that," Dan said.

"Start up a channel then. It's that simple," he said and Dan laughed.

"No one would like me," Dan told him.

"Really?" Phil questioned, sniffing again.

"No one wants to watch a sarcastic asshole who thinks he's funny," Dan said and Phil laughed.

"You're perfect," he said, and Dan swallowed, feeling his cheeks heat up a little. "And people already listen to you on the radio when you're like that, everyone would love you," Phil said reasonably and Dan was really starting to become curious about this man.

"What's your name? Maybe I could watch your videos," Dan said, hoping he wouldn't tell him not to.

"Phil Lester. Or AmazingPhil is my YouTube name," he said. "And no I'm not up myself, I just made the channel years ago," he added.

"I didn't think you were up yourself at all. Do you have a lot of subscribers?" He said and Phil nodded.

"Around two million actually," he said, smiling and Dan's eyes widened.

"Shit. You're famous," Dan said and Phil laughed before coughing, covering his mouth quickly, looking apologetically at Dan.

"I'm not that big," he said. "Anyway, you're probably more well known than me, but I don't know because I don't know your name," Phil prompted.

"Dan Howell," he said and Phil looked like he was thinking for while.

"What time are you on?"

"Around ten at night,"

"Oh I only really listen to it when I eat breakfast. But your name does sound familiar, have you done a call or delete with Grimmy?" He asked and Dan nodded.

"About two weeks ago yeah," Dan said and Phil beamed.

"I heard that. You're funny," Phil said and Dan grinned.

"Thank you, I'll definitely make sure I'll check out your videos," he said and Phil shrugged.

"You don't have to. But your boyfriend is really cool to be okay with you lying to him about having brought your family's dog home when he's allergic," Phil said and Dan was confused.

"Boyfriend? I called my room-mate," Dan said and Phil bit his lip.

"Oh I thought you two were..." He trailed off and Dan laughed.

"No, just friends. And I'm definitely single, my boyfriend broke up with me about a year ago," Dan told him. You know, only casually putting it out there that he was single and liked boys. In case Phil wanted to know. For reasons.

"Oh good," Phil said, then backtracked. "I mean I'm sorry your boyfriend dumped you, he must have been an idiot, I mean- I'm digging myself a hole," he gave up, flustered and Dan laughed. Phil was kind of adorable, even when he blew his nose, which he was doing again now. Phil probably had cute germs too.

"Don't worry about it," Dan said and Phil nodded.

"So why are you here?" Phil asked. "I mean you're not a zombie like me," he said and Dan's hand clenched a little, and he started playing out the chords to Pyramid Song on his leg.

"Blood test," he said, and Phil gave him a sympathetic look.

"I take it you hate them, by the fact you're playing piano on your leg," Phil stated and Dan stopped, sliding his hand into his pocket and laughing nervously. Phil had been distracting him so well.