3am I watch you sleep

Genre: fluffy cute

Word count: 359 (just a short Drabble i wrote)

Every night I watch you sleep. I come into your room and just watch you. I watch your breathing, the steady rhythm, following the deep pace you give it. You always look perfect. Innocent, truly like you are young again.

In the day, you act like a child, laughing, giggling, finding the joy in everything. But at night, you are that child, going on adventures in your own little world of dreams. I like the nights. Because every night, at 3am, I will be there, wishing I could be a part of it.

You don't know I do this, watch you sleep, but it relaxes me, and makes me happy seeing your childish form. I like seeing the small smile that is always placed on your lips when you're dreaming, I like seeing your hand clutching your duvet, like you are missing a toy you used to hug when you were really an infant.

Every day, 3am, and I will be here, leaning against your open door, just watching. That's why I am always tired. I complain I don't get enough sleep, and then shut off if you ask why. If I had insomnia, if I was working, if I am okay. But I am. I am honestly perfect. I just don't want to lie to you.

It's because I watch you sleep. 3am, every night. You don't know this, and I hope you never do, but it's my guilty pleasure, and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Except maybe you. To lie with you and be a part of your world of dreams. You're my world Phil, and I long to be a part of yours. I want to share you dreams and follow you on your adventures, and I would do this in a heartbeat, if I knew you felt the same way.

So I will always be here. 3am every morning, just watching you. Watching you sleep. And maybe some day, I could be the one to sleep beside you, and finally share you dreams.