Seven days

Word count: 18.4k (this was meant to be short ffs)

Genre: fluffy and it's cute and long but really cute and it is like sad for 3 seconds but then gets happy again quickly

Warning: mentions of depressions (but nothing bad, just saying Dan was sad) and a panic attack which isn't too bad

Day 1

"Did you hear he stopped with Sarah-"

"Only lasted three days!"

"Wasn't his longest seven?"

"He needs to stop..."

"It's hard when he knows he's that hot."

Dan chuckled as he heard everyone whispering about him as he walked down the corridor. Got to love Fridays.

Dan loved being the centre of attention, 'Man-eater Howell' they called him, although he'd accept anyone who asked him out. Eyes for everyone. But they were right, Dan had never had a relationship for longer than a week, and that was how he liked it. Easy sex, a date or two- depending on how interesting the person was- and then no more.

People were boring anyway.

*

The day passed by as usual, Dan hanging around alone (as he had said, people were boring) and he was happily making his way to the gate, sauntering as he knew people would be staring, obviously. Until someone tapped his shoulder, making him turn around.

A tall gangly boy who looked vaguely familiar to Dan was standing in front of him, blushing.

Oh wow, he must be new at this. Good. Dan liked spoiling pretty things. And yes, he did think this boy was pretty.

"Er... Dan?" He said, his fingers playing together as he looked at Dan hopefully.

"Yes?" Dan asked sweetly, but his signature smirk was playing at his lips easily.

"I know you probably don't know I exist or anything about me but-"

"Phil, is it?" Dan cut in and Phil blinked in surprise before smiling, his tongue peeking out the side of his mouth slightly.

Cute, Dan thought. Maybe he had been paying more attention to this boy then he thought.

"Yeah, that's me," Phil told him.

"Are you in my art class?" Dan asked and Phil nodded.

"I'm the one who always has paint on my uniform and fell into the bucket, yeah, I'm clumsy and stupid I know. But anyway Dan, I've always thought you were quite cute-"

Wait? Cute? He had always been called hot or sexy before, not... Cute.

"And I was wondering if you would maybe want to go on a date with me?" Phil finished and Dan smiled, reaching out and moving some of Phil's fringe from his eyes.

Fuck. Those were the bluest eyes Dan had ever seen. No wait, that was wrong. What colour even were they? But either way the were very very pretty.

"I'd love to Phil, where would you suggest?" Dan asked sweetly as Phil's cheeks dyed under his touch and he bit his lip gently.

Make that really cute.

"Movie?"

"Depends. Which one?" Dan asked and he knew Phil would be putting pressure on himself to choose the right one. Not that he'd say no if he didn't, but he really didn't want to see something he would hate but people would think he'd love.