Chapter 7: Is this a date?

Start from the beginning

Courtney's mom's POV

I was watching TV on the couch. Courtney came down stairs dressed in a white and black striped shirt with a black skirt.

"Hi mom. I'm going out with a friend." She told me.

"Who is this friend?" I asked.

"Just one from school. He's going to Help me study."

"He?" I questioned.

"Yes mom. He's a boy. But he's good at the subject."

"Better than you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Um... maybe?" She shrugged.

"Hm.... fine."

"Okay. Thanks mom."

"Do you want me to drive you?"

"I guess."

I drove Courtney to the park.

"Okay. Make sure you come back saftly. If you want me to come pick you up, I'm only a call away."

"Okay. Thanks mom." She thanked.

I drove a little distance away from where the park was. I got out of my car. I know it's rude to spy but I want to see who this guy is. Maybe it'll explain why she's been so off lately.

Courtney's POV

After my mom drove off, I sat down in the park on a bench reviewing the notes.

"Need some help with those?" I heard someone say.

I looked up from my notes. I saw Scott standing in front of me wearing a teal and black flannel with black jeans.

He had his arms crossed and a smirk on his face.

"Uh... yeah. It would be nice to have some help." I blushed.

"Good thing good ole Mr. Scott-Meister is here."

"Scott-meister?" I raised an eyebrow and chuckled a little.

"At your service mam. What do you need help with anyways? This chapter seemed pretty straight forward." He sat down next to me on the bench.

"I know. I'm pretty sure I'm spot on with my info, but I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing. Just to make sure I don't get another 50%. Besides, this is your strong suit so I figured-" I started but was cut off.

"Ah. I get" he leaned closer to me." Do you just want an excuse to hang out with me?" He smirked as I blushed.

"W-what?! No! I-"

"You sure?" He leaned closer still smirking.

"Yes I'm sure." I pushed him back a bit as he laughed.

"Lighten up will ya. I was just kidding. I know how important your grades are to you and since this is one of my stronger points I'm more than glad to help."

"Thanks Scott."

"No problem. How long do you have until you have to head home?"

"I guess around 3... maybe 4."

"Okay. It's currently 10: 23 and I'm starving."

"Guessing you recovered well from your leg gut."

"Yeah..."

"Though if you're hungry then we can eat first and then study."

"Cool." He said getting up and stretching.