Basic Flirting - Day Three

Start from the beginning

To say everyone on the bus was surprised when they shuffled on was an understatement, Luke skipped school the day before so everyone assumed he was suspended, which wasn't hard to believe.

Luke wasn't even a senior yet and he already held the record for most times suspended. Which included a span of two months the year before, because he snuck into school during school hours to not only get revenge on the Geography teacher who suspended him but Luke also went through the trouble of waiting ten minutes before the bell, outside of Ashton's science class to hand him some lunch.

So it came as a shock to see the two step onto the bus, even the bus driver seemed a little confused.

Not only were the two unexpectedly getting on the bus but it looked bad. Ashton didn't have time to straighten his hair because of Luke, so it was a mass of curls. He couldn't even run a brush though it with the amount have time he had.

As he awkwardly slid into a bus seat, closely followed by Luke, Ashton realized a problem.

While racing around the room for clothes, Ashton grabbed the first items of clothing that came into contact with his hand. Which consisted of tight black skinny jeans which had three zippers placed randomly along them that he's been meaning to throw out forever, a black t-shirt with bright yellow Batman symbols, and black vans. In retrospect, he could have done a lot worse. But like his grandfather once said, it's like a super modernized castle. No ballroom.

"Is that my shirt?" Ashton asks, examining the weekend warriors shirt Luke wore under his red and black flannel.

The blonde smirks, "Is it?" He questions teasingly.

Imagine how that looks, a disheveled boy with major bed head and a confident smirking blonde wearing the otherr's shirt getting on the bus together. Now all they need is the punch line.

As if on cue, the bus stops to pick up the last of the kids that ride on this bus. The seats quickly fill up as a new boy steps on, handing a slip of paper to the driver.

The boy turns toward the back of the bus, only to find all of the seats taken.

He lets out a barely audible "oh."

A smirk etches its way across Luke's lips, removing his arm from around Ashton's shoulders as he opens his mouth. "My lap's got free parking."

Luke patted his leg gently while pulling on a warmer smirk, welcoming the boy.

The boy's lip twitched upwards slightly as he raised an eyebrow.

"Its open twenty-four seven." Luke said, forgetting Ashton completely as he sent the raven haired boy a oh-so-subtle wink.

"Always on the job, I see." Ashton mumbled, passive aggressive glare directed out the window. At what? He couldn't tell, everything was a little blurry because he'd forgotten to put in his contacts. He thought it was safe to assume it was a skinny shrub next to someone's door.

"Oh, leave the poor boy alone. Its his first day." The boy seated in front of the pair said. He had black hair, like the new kid but it was framed on either side of his skull by white hair. Ashton couldn't see much of the dyed hair boy, since was was facing away but he felt like a herd of zebras would accept him into their family whole-heartedly with that kind of hair.

Luke chuckled, "C'mon, I was just having a little fun."

"Fun? Like the kind you had with Sunshine over there?" The Clifford boy twisted in his seat so he could nod toward Ashton.

"Here." The boy in front of Luke and Ashton says, moving his bag so the new kid could sit next to him.

Luke scoffed, looking at Ashton with an expression that said 'can you believe this guy?' Only to find Ashton squinting at him.