Pairs

I'm back and off hiatus! Less than a week, thank you for all your kind words and I'd like you to know that I am feeling better than I was a few days ago.

I will not be updating as regularly as I did before, due to school so please bare with me, I might only update once a week. Thanks again.

It was a week or so since Calum shared details that Charlie, Ashton and Luke really didn't need to know about his and Michael's midnight charades. The jokes about Michael's fire hose had pretty much stopped. There was the odd "Michael! Calum just ate something spicy, save him quick!" but other than that things were back to normal.

Normal, other than the fact that the four boys walked out to find Charlie sitting with a girl. It's not like Charlie wasn't charming, it was just unexpected. Michael ended up spitting out his drink on Calum's shirt, it was that unexpected.

"Let me help you," Michael whispered, half guilty that he'd sprayed Pepsi on Calum's shirt. The two walked away with Calum scowling at his boyfriend with an adorable pout on his lips.

Ashton and Luke sat down across from Charlie and this girl, she had a book open on the picnic table in front of her and she wore wide lensed glasses and her blonde hair in soft waves.

She was pretty, but Luke liked dicks.

"Awe, look Charlie, he seems so polite. Helping his friend with his shirt." She cooed, watching Michael's tall frame shoving Calum into a nearby bush on their way inside, Luke could hear Calum calling the pink haired boy a cockblocking lesbian from where he was. The girl still had an admiring smile on her face at the pair as they walked through the doors, Calum trying to close it on Michael's face.

"Oh, he'll be helping him with more than his shirt." Luke grinned, turning his attention back to the people who he was sitting with. Charlie shot him a pleading look while the girl wasn't looking.

"I don't know what you mean."

"He's getting a bit of, uh, oral treatment." Luke smirked, waggling his eyebrows at Ashton because he knew that always made the boy laugh. Ashton snorted despite himself, spearing a piece of lettuce with his plastic fork.

"Oh, guys this is Andy. Andy this is Luke and Ashton." Charlie introduced, all too happy to steer the conversation away from what Michael was probably giving Calum in the boys' toilet right now. Andy, as Charlie called her, reached out to shake both their hands which Luke found a bit odd but didn't word his thoughts because Charlie seemed to like her.

She held onto Luke's hand a little longer than necessary, a few seconds at least but not long enough to raise eyebrows and receive weird looks. She beamed at the blond boy in front of her like there weren't two other people sitting at the same table, Luke rubbed the tip of his nose awkwardly before turning to Ashton, excepting the boy to be staring at the interaction but he was chatting with Charlie happily about something or another.

Ashton ran a hand through the his hair, fingers tangling briefly in his light strands. A barely visible smile placed on his lips naturally as he talked, he always had a certain look. The kind that made you know he was listening and cared about what you were saying. It was one of the things Luke really liked about the boy.

"What do you think Luke?" Ashton asked, both him and Charlie looking at the blond that was still in a slight daze with a lopsided smile on his face. Luke shook out of his distractedness with slight confusion.

With a joking sigh Ashton repeated himself, a bright smile on his face. "I said we could go on a double date with Charlie and Andy, what do you think Luke?"

"Yeah yeah, sure." Luke replied in a rush, happy to go back to staring at Ashton while spaced out.

Ashton rolled his eyes at the boy, knowing full well that he wasn't entirely paying attention. "I'm thinking about selling your organs on the black market, thoughts?"

"Whatever you want babe." Luke mumbled, smile still present. Ashton raised his eyebrows at the blond, not expecting a pet name to roll off his tongue.

Charlie laughed at the pair of them, shaking his head at Ashton asking a bunch of ridiculous questions and Luke replying absentmindedly to all of them, to think he would have caught on by now.

"What about being my sex slave? You cool with that?" Ashton asked cheekily, raising a single brow this time. Andy seemed to choke on her food then, probably not prepared for the questions to escalate that quickly.

"Cooler than a cucumber." Luke replied, seemingly deaf to the world.

Ashton snickered, "Cucumbers."

The bell rang and Luke snapped out of his daydream, looking a little confused but he got up none the less.

"We're late!" He said, wide eyed and surprised at how much time had passed. Ashton dragged him toward the school, still laughing.

"Hey Ash," Luke asked suddenly, stopping in the middle of the empty hall. Ashton stopped too, looking at the boy curiously. Luke looked slightly fragile suddenly, like an ice sculpture the colour of his eyes. One touch, and he could shatter. Ashton found himself stepping closer, as if to protect the blond from nonexistent danger.

A smirk flashed across Luke's face and he crashed into Ashton with enough force to knock the shorter boy into the lockers. Luke's eyes darkened when his hands came up to rest on the cool metal lockers on either side of Ashton's head. He raised an eyebrow when Ashton tried to squirm out of his arms, he leaned his body weight against the older boy to keep him from escaping.

"By the way," he whispered coolly, head shifting over to Ashton's left ear. "I'm pretty sure it would be you, who would be my sex slave."

With a quick kiss on the lips, Luke pushed off of the wall and was halfway down the hall before Ashton could even catch his breath. Luke shouted something about meeting him in the parking lot after school before disappearing behind a corner.